Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • will369
    • By will369 9th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    • 487Posts
    • 92Thanks
    will369
    0 WOW
    8 hours in Palma
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    0 WOW
    8 hours in Palma 9th Jun 17 at 9:04 PM
    Hi guys

I am travelling to Palma tomorrow from Cala Millor.

I will be there for most of the day 10:00am to 5:00pm.

I want to shop, maybe that will take an hour?

Lunch

& then site see?

I am taking my DSLR so want to take some nice pictures.

Anywhere you can reccomend? Any beutiful places / buildings / streets you can reccomend ?

Thanks
Page 1
    • lea2012
    • By lea2012 9th Jun 17, 10:26 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    lea2012
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:26 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:26 PM
    The area around the cathedral is lovely, if you've time the cathedral itself is well worth a visit.
    Below the cathedral is the marina. If I'm correct in remembering if you stand with the sea behind you and the cathedral in front and walk to the left there is quite a nice route with gardens and some old city wall type features. It's a while since I've been so someone else can probably guide you better but it might be a start.
    Lea :confused:
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 9th Jun 17, 10:27 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 1,689 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:27 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:27 PM
    I am taking my DSLR so want to take some nice pictures.

Anywhere you can reccomend? Any beutiful places / buildings / streets you can reccomend ?
    Plenty! Start at the Cathedral de Mallorca. The whole area around there is stunning with fantastic architecture.

Then stroll through the old town, take a look at Placa Major (Central Square). Also along the sea front from the Cathedral towards the Harbour.

By the time you've strolled around, soaked it up, stopped for a coffee/beer, done some shopping, had some Tapas, strolled around more exploring the streets, you'll wonder where your day has gone.

I love Palma, an often overlooked city as most people head straight out to beach resorts. Then again, that's some of its charm as well...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,163Posts Today

6,063Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin