Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsStubbs
    • By MrsStubbs 9th Jun 17, 8:11 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    MrsStubbs
    Citibank asking for marriage certificate?
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:11 PM
    Citibank asking for marriage certificate? 9th Jun 17 at 8:11 PM
    Hi There

I'm new to this so excuse me if I'm doing it wrong!

I sent 2 forms to Citibank to try and reclaim PPI from a while back, one for a loan and one for a card (I have changed my name due to marriage ) I got 2 replys, 1 from the card saying we have looked and you have NO PPI then another for the loan asking for my marriage certificate to confirm my name change?

Does this mean I may have a claim on the Loan?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Jun 17, 8:36 PM
    • 12,713 Posts
    • 12,954 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:36 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:36 PM
    Not necessarily
    • MrsStubbs
    • By MrsStubbs 9th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsStubbs
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    Thanks for replying!

Could you possibly elaborate please, I would be extremely grateful.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 9th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 7,256 Posts
    • 4,652 Thanks
    -taff
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    it means not necessarily, They are after you to prove you are who you say you are before they look into your loan.
    Send them what they are asking for and wait and see.
    • MrsStubbs
    • By MrsStubbs 9th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsStubbs
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I'm just a tad confused why Citi confirmed straight away I had no ppi on my Cards with no ID required at all and all of the initial forms were in the same envelope under the same name with the same name change!!
    • MrsStubbs
    • By MrsStubbs 9th Jun 17, 11:02 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsStubbs
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:02 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:02 PM
    I guess I'll just be patient lol I was just wondering if these was a little Friendly advice out there to calm my excitement.
    • MrsStubbs
    • By MrsStubbs 9th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsStubbs
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    *there not these
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 9th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    You'll know if you have a valid claim, when you see that their refund cheque has cleared into your bank account.

Be motivated, but not too hopeful, is the key. A survivalist warned about trying to start a fire by rubbing sticks ; being cold is bad, but not as bad as being cold when you were really expecting to be warm.

Think of it as a Suduko puzzle, do the claiming process just as an intellectual exercise. "Many a hunter has been killed by a bear who's pelt he's already sold."
    • MrsStubbs
    • By MrsStubbs 9th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsStubbs
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    Lol thank you so much, great, wonderful answer!!

Ps in my head I've already mounted the Bear....
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 11th Jun 17, 6:53 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    In the taxidermy sense, in case anyone was about to comment.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 11th Jun 17, 11:23 PM
    • 7,256 Posts
    • 4,652 Thanks
    -taff

probably the only time that hadn't crossed my mind....
    • covey63
    • By covey63 12th Jun 17, 4:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    covey63
    I had a mortgage with Citibank who are now saying I have never had a mortgage with them (not true) and supplied my birth and marriage certificate as it had my maiden name on it. They are still claiming I never had a mortgage with them - now having to go back to my bank at the time and request details from them - bank account known and now I've been told I've never banked with them either - yes for over 20 years
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Jun 17, 4:08 PM
    • 88,830 Posts
    • 54,169 Thanks
    dunstonh
    I had a mortgage with Citibank who are now saying I have never had a mortgage with them (not true) and supplied my birth and marriage certificate as it had my maiden name on it. They are still claiming I never had a mortgage with them - now having to go back to my bank at the time and request details from them - bank account known and now I've been told I've never banked with them either - yes for over 20 years
    Originally posted by covey63
    Land registry is in the public domain. You could check that record.

Lenders have sold their books are various points over the years. Especially non-mainstream lenders. So, it is possible your lender was citibank at the time but is no longer citibank.

If this is a normal residential mortgage, then its unlikely to have MPPI attached to it. That would normally be a standalone payment arranged by the mortgage broker. If so, citibank have no liability for any complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,166Posts Today

9,774Users online

Martin's Twitter