Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidk01
    • By sidk01 9th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sidk01
    County Court Business Centre "Claim Form" from UKCPS
    • 9th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    County Court Business Centre "Claim Form" from UKCPS 9th Jun 17 at 7:46 PM
    Hello guys! HELP!

I am the named driver of a vehicle that got 2 'parking charges' for not having a permit to park where it shouldnt have. I have notified UKCPS MANY times when i kept getting harrassed with all these letters. I had even rung them and gave them the address and name of the driver who got the tickets. I got no responses.

Today I got a letter from UKCPS and its a claim form in the county court business centre. I have a total amount of £175. I was away therefore my daugher had rung UKCPS up and there was a very unprofessional lady on the phone. She didnt say her name and she never asked the identity of my daughter but continued to ask the PCN number and talk about it. My daughter had told them we have recieved a 'court letter' although it doesnt look very real. She told the lady that we have sent many letters stating the drivers real address and name, however they still continued to send letters. At first she denied any letters have come and my daughter said they were signed for via royal mail. She said "ah yes we got it 2 days ago", she was clearly caught out! and when my daughter proved her wrong she said i cant talk to you about this i need to talk to the named driver which is obviously me. My daughter said you just told me confidential information about UKCPS getting a letter from me 2 days ago, and she could get in trouble for that so how dare she play the confidential card now.

Anyway! My daughter said my father himself has wrote to you, is that not ENOUGH proof to NOT harass us with court letters and send them to the actual driver. She carrried on using the excuse "i cannot talk to you about it" currently on holiday and UKCPS are closed so will be talking to them tomorrow. Any ideas on what wil happen with the court claim form? seems fake but just dont want any CCJ on my credit history or is it too late?

Thans in advance everyone
    Last edited by sidk01; 09-06-2017 at 7:54 PM.
Page 2
    • sidk01
    • By sidk01 9th Jun 17, 8:50 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sidk01
    great will that get rid of this complete headache? including the ccj?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Jun 17, 8:51 PM
    • 1,935 Posts
    • 2,310 Thanks
    waamo
    Post 2 contains a link to a guide on how to complete all the paperwork. Take a good long read of it then re read it several times. It's a bit complex but it will sink in.
    This space for hire.
    • sidk01
    • By sidk01 9th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sidk01
    Yep read through it many times but it doesnt state about actually paying the fine and what would happen after making the payment
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jun 17, 9:02 PM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,500 Thanks
    Quentin
    great will that get rid of this complete headache? including the ccj?
    Originally posted by sidk01
    Yes.

But you need to act quickly before this escalates Pay the claimant not the court.

It is not a fine
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 1,935 Posts
    • 2,310 Thanks
    waamo
    Yep read through it many times but it doesnt state about actually paying the fine and what would happen after making the payment
    That's because it gives information which can stop you paying a penny.
    This space for hire.
    • sidk01
    • By sidk01 9th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sidk01
    if i pay the claimant and obviously not the court. Would i still have to go through the whole process of 'responding and acknowledging the claim online at money claim' ? thank you so much for your help btw
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Jun 17, 9:11 PM
    • 1,935 Posts
    • 2,310 Thanks
    waamo
    I give up. Lord I tried but I give up. I'm losing the will to live.
    This space for hire.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,500 Thanks
    Quentin
    if i pay the claimant and obviously not the court. Would i still have to go through the whole process of 'responding and acknowledging the claim online at money claim' ? thank you so much for your help btw
    You seem out of your depth.

If so, and you are determined to end this now by paying the claim maybe you can take the paper work and your cheque book to your local CAB and someone there will assist you.

But do it before this escalates and gets more expensive.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jun 17, 10:11 PM
    • 49,037 Posts
    • 62,494 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm out, doesn't ring true.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jun 17, 10:48 PM
    • 14,055 Posts
    • 22,086 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Why come here if you want to pay the bleedin' thing?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

247Posts Today

3,868Users online

Martin's Twitter