Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • prezzacc
    • By prezzacc 9th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 5Thanks
    prezzacc
    Netflix on holiday
    • 9th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    Netflix on holiday 9th Jun 17 at 7:06 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone downloaded titles on Netflix UK and taken abroad to watch on a tablet?

If i connect the tablet to WIFI but do NOT open the App while connected, do you think Netflix will know im in another country (Cyprus) and not let me watch my downloads?

The website just says you may not be able to watch, just wondered if anyone had any experience?

Thanks
Page 1
    • JoRoWaMa
    • By JoRoWaMa 10th Jun 17, 12:41 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JoRoWaMa
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:41 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:41 AM
    If it doesn't work just download a free VPN and connect to the UK before watching. But, as far as I know, downloaded content should be fine regardless.
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 16th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 8,110 Posts
    • 2,974 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 16th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    It tries to check - but if it does not connect, the programme shows without interruption. Just keep WiFi and Mobile Data off.
    • mickthemikeman
    • By mickthemikeman 17th Jun 17, 11:52 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mickthemikeman
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:52 AM
    Thanks what a bleeding obvious answer
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:52 AM
    I was pondering what to do when I am off on Holday never occurred to me to simply turn of internet Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,672Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin