Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 9th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 7,244Posts
    • 10,696Thanks
    surfsister
    need current research into the voice of the child in educ policy where to go??
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    need current research into the voice of the child in educ policy where to go?? 9th Jun 17 at 5:24 PM
    Hi there!

I'm doing a masters in education and reached the dissertation stage and need to find recent research into the voice of the child in UK educational policy - is it asked for and listened to.

Wher can I go for this, is there a research website??

I've been trying my Uni search and google scholar but not much which is recent. Any help would be great! for the research site I mean!
    Last edited by surfsister; 09-06-2017 at 7:56 PM.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    • 18,777 Posts
    • 14,485 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    I suggest in the first instance that you speak to the library staff, they will be able to point you in the right direction. However, being able to do your own research is kind of the point of a Masters dissertation, so what you really need is some guidance from the libarary on what you should do, rathe rthan asking them to do it for you. Of course, the issue may be that there isn't any current research, and there's no way round that other than to publish your own!
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 10th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    • 7,244 Posts
    • 10,696 Thanks
    surfsister
    • 10th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    i didn't make myself clear I need to find the site which lists research which has been done in education. I can do the rest myself!! thanks for the reply.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    • 18,777 Posts
    • 14,485 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    i didn't make myself clear I need to find the site which lists research which has been done in education. I can do the rest myself!! thanks for the reply.
    Originally posted by surfsister
    It's unlikely that there is any such single site (although education research isn't my field of expertise). What you need to do is either use different search terms in Scholar, or establish which journals are most likely to publish the type of research you are interested in then search the journals directly or search the databases where those journals are indexed (one way to do the latter is through your university library's search functions).
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 11th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 7,244 Posts
    • 10,696 Thanks
    surfsister
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    this is it

https://www.bera.ac.uk
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 11th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    • 18,777 Posts
    • 14,485 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    Originally posted by surfsister
    It looks like a good site for your needs, and hopefully it contains the recent work that you hope to find, but I would caution against relying exclusively on a single source.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 22nd Jun 17, 7:41 PM
    • 7,244 Posts
    • 10,696 Thanks
    surfsister
    • 22nd Jun 17, 7:41 PM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 7:41 PM
    thanks agrinall!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

2,209Users online

Martin's Twitter