Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zannie73
    • By Zannie73 9th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zannie73
    Tesco Credit Card PPI Complain rejected
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    Tesco Credit Card PPI Complain rejected 9th Jun 17 at 5:21 PM
    Just need some advise. I made a PPI refund complaint a while back which they refused, I don't realise then I could take to the FO, the six month deadline had just past when I did realise and did submit a claim to the FO, which was still rejected by Tesco.

Since then, I believe I can resubmit a new claim due to Previn, but can't find much information about that. I did submit a new claim stating Previn, but Tesco still rejected my claim due to my previous complaint on the same credut card PPI.

Can I do anything more? We have old statements to prove we paid PPI and would work out to be a lot if agreed, so don't want to give up on this.

TIA
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 14,351 Posts
    • 15,108 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    No. You missed the window.

On the plus side, it doesn't look as if you were mis sold in any case.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 89,851 Posts
    • 56,508 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    I don't realise then I could take to the FO, the six month deadline
    The rejection letter told you that if you had read it.
    Since then, I believe I can resubmit a new claim due to Previn, but can't find much information about that.
    Plevin does not give you the right to have your complaint reviewed again or change that outcome. It is a separate thing and from your timescales, it would suggest your case will automatically be looked at under the Plevin ruling, should it apply.

Can I do anything more?
    No.

We have old statements to prove we paid PPI and would work out to be a lot if agreed, so don't want to give up on this.
    You are out of time as the rejection letter would have warned you and the FOS response would have stated.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 9th Jun 17, 6:33 PM
    • 7,161 Posts
    • 5,159 Thanks
    -taff
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:33 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:33 PM
    You're going to have give up on this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,116Posts Today

9,418Users online

Martin's Twitter