Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mly15
    • By mly15 9th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mly15
    O2 Defaults?
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    O2 Defaults? 9th Jun 17 at 3:19 PM
    Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had any experience or success in getting a default removed by O2. From what I've read, it seems to be super difficult..Just wonderefd if anyone had any tips when it comes to dealing with them or if anyone had any success? Thanks!
Page 1
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 9th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 4,886 Posts
    • 1,530 Thanks
    Jon 01
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    Is it marked as a default in error? If so you should be able to get it removed by them.

If it's correct, then it won't be removed.

More info would help??
    • mly15
    • By mly15 9th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mly15
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    not in error - but it's paid in full and have another 4 years till it drops off..also they never sent me a default notice and let me run up a very high bill data roaming - without me knowing - i was told I was on a roaming plan, as it turns out I was not and ended up with a £3.5k bill..

Just wondered what other people's experiences have been with them. Requested a SAR from them so hopefully that might help my case
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 9th Jun 17, 3:36 PM
    • 31,503 Posts
    • 37,204 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:36 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:36 PM
    moved your thread here as I suspect its more relevant
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • National Debtline
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    Hi mly15,

Unfortunately, it won't be removed if it is correct as Jon 01 has said. The default on your credit file is different to the one sent in the post anyway. But, as a further point, phone contracts are not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act so they are not required to send you a written default notice either I am afraid.

I appreciate there is more to this situation and if you were unsure/ mislead about what plan you were on then you can make a formal complaint, but that won't change the information on your credit file if it is accurate.

The older the information gets the less impact it will have on your overall rating and you can consider a notice of correction on your credit file to give the default more context. However, there is a mixed opinion on this and whether it could end up doing more harm than good.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • mly15
    • By mly15 9th Jun 17, 4:16 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mly15
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:16 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:16 PM
    Ok thanks - i have seen some people managed to get them taken off but it seemed to be a struggle..
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 9th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    Only when it has been in error. If it isn't an error then it is factually correct that you defaulted at the time the payment was due even if you subsequently paid it back later.
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 9th Jun 17, 7:11 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 9th Jun 17, 7:11 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 7:11 PM
    you defaulted at the time the payment was due even if you subsequently paid it back later.
    Did you pay the £3.5k bill immediately ?
    Does some rule say that a defaulter must have been made aware, and didn't pay quickly enough ?I'm thinking like a CCJ isn't registered if you pay it within 28 days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,072Users online

Martin's Twitter