Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smej
    • By smej 9th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 2Thanks
    smej
    Where do you get your music?
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    Where do you get your music? 9th Jun 17 at 2:00 PM
    I'm going on holiday soon so that's what has got me thinking about this. Also how do you listen to it - on your phone/ipod/mp3 player?

For all I use it I've been using Spotify on my phone (the free version) but would be keen to find out if there was a way to listen to music without having to stream it?
Page 2
    • smej
    • By smej 14th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    smej
    wow thanks for all the replies. Looks like streaming is the way forward.

I've already used Spotify premium so not eligible for the 99p offer but I'll still look in to it if it means being able to download for offline listening. Thanks again all.
    • ringo_24601
    • By ringo_24601 14th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    • 16,768 Posts
    • 27,218 Thanks
    ringo_24601
    I use my Amazon prime subscription - I get a load of music that can be downloaded from their streaming service - either on my tablet or phone.

That's supplemented by my Mp3 collection from ripped CDs
    • Cash-Cows
    • By Cash-Cows 14th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Cash-Cows
    I predominantly use Apple Music to stream tracks.

If I like something enough (after a few listens) then I'll purchase it via iTunes.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Curious as to why you would subscribe only to then purchase tracks? You are basically paying twice. Incidentally I also subscribe and download what I want. Maintaining my subscription means I'll never need to ever purchase again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

615Posts Today

6,476Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin