Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greenorange
    • By greenorange 9th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    • 300Posts
    • 228Thanks
    greenorange
    Do I have a CCJ?
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    Do I have a CCJ? 9th Jun 17 at 11:58 AM
    Asking on behalf of my brother - he received a parking ticket from a local authority a year or so ago, but it went to the wrong address (as the log book wasn't updated on the car when he moved). As a result, over time it has gone to the courts, and now to a DCA.

First he heard of it was when a debt collect agency emailed him last month. He phoned them and paid the £500 (originally was £50) in full.

A Warrant of Control was issued a few months ago, to the old address.

Brother is trying to find out if he would have got a CCJ on his credit report because of this? He is waiting for a copy of his report to be posted to him, but trying to find out beforehand.

He recently has got a car on lease so I'm assuming no.....?
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 9th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    The free versions to check your credit files are below:
    Experian: www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: www.noddle.co.uk
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • National Debtline
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    Hi Greenorange,

This would not result in a CCJ on his credit file. A parking ticket from the local authority is chased through the Traffic Enforcement Centre which is why bailiffs were permitted to act, but it won't be recorded on his credit file.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • greenorange
    • By greenorange 9th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 300 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    greenorange
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    Great, thank you!
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    • 10,930 Posts
    • 10,590 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    Its private parking tickets that are enforced through the county court.

One of those would of resulted in a CCJ.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,288Posts Today

4,757Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin