Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 9th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 8,825Posts
    • 4,411Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    wanted - experience of EE upgrade process
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    wanted - experience of EE upgrade process 9th Jun 17 at 11:28 AM
    My EE SIM only mobile deal was coming to the end of its minimum term and I saw a better deal elsewhere so phoned for a PAC.

I was persuaded to upgrading instead by the offer of their !2 month SIM essentials £15.99 package discounted to £4.99. I received a text message confirming that price. The email didn't actually mention a price. On checking my account I see it has been amended to the new package but there is no mention of any discount and the projected nex bill shows full price.

Is this normal with them or do I need to clarify it with them PDQ?
Page 1
    • d123
    • By d123 9th Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    • 6,504 Posts
    • 4,183 Thanks
    d123
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    My EE SIM only mobile deal was coming to the end of its minimum term and I saw a better deal elsewhere so phoned for a PAC.

I was persuaded to upgrading instead by the offer of their !2 month SIM essentials £15.99 package discounted to £4.99. I received a text message confirming that price. The email didn't actually mention a price. On checking my account I see it has been amended to the new package but there is no mention of any discount and the projected nex bill shows full price.

Is this normal with them or do I need to clarify it with them PDQ?
    Originally posted by kwikbreaks
    It's normal to see full price online, you can ring them to confirm the discounts are added, but iirc you won't see them until the bill is actually produced.
    ====
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Jun 17, 12:29 PM
    • 16,764 Posts
    • 10,985 Thanks
    molerat
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:29 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:29 PM
    You will be charged the full price and then a discount against that. They will get a bill out pretty quickly. Does it not show under your plan and add ons ? 12m essential sim plan, 100% usage alert, £10.00 loyalty, london underground wifi.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 9th Jun 17, 8:15 PM
    • 8,825 Posts
    • 4,411 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:15 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:15 PM
    It only shows the base price in my online account. I also have a data sim which gets discounted and that only shows the discounted price not any breakdown.

I'll be going past an EE shop within the next few days so I'll call in there for clarification if the account doesn't start to show the agreed price by then.

====
    There was also a link to ee.co.uk/myplan and by going through that and using my number and a texted pin code rather than logging in via https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/login-dispatch/ I can now see two discounts mentioned on the plan - one for £1 and one for £10 hwich brings it down from £15.99 to the agreed £4.99

I await seeing the next bill with bated breath it may even end up being correct but why it isn't showing on the standard myaccount pages is a bit of a mystery.
    Last edited by kwikbreaks; 09-06-2017 at 8:30 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,282Posts Today

7,761Users online

Martin's Twitter