Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • muirisla
    • By muirisla 9th Jun 17, 9:55 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    muirisla
    0 WOW
    Bulgaria
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:55 AM
    0 WOW
    Bulgaria 9th Jun 17 at 9:55 AM
    Hi

I'm heading to Bulgaria at the end of the month and as it's the first time I've travelled to a non Eurozone for some time I'm wondering if it is best to buy Lev before I go or when I arrive?

Thanks
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 9th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 2,850 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    Take them from an ATM when you arrive, using a suitable card for travel, as well as for payment where possible. Monzo, Revolut, Metro Bank, Halifax Clarity, etc.
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 9th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 4,655 Posts
    • 6,141 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    If you use an ATM in Bulgaria, make sure it's either in a bank or attached to a bank during office hours.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 9th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    • 2,850 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    If you use an ATM in Bulgaria, make sure it's either in a bank or attached to a bank during office hours.
    Originally posted by PompeyPete
    Why's that Pete, to have staff available if anything goes wrong?

How about airport ATMs on arrival?
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 9th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    • 4,655 Posts
    • 6,141 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    Why's that Pete, to have staff available if anything goes wrong?

How about airport ATMs on arrival?
    Originally posted by eDicky
    Yep, if anything goes wrong.....card eaten, or money not dispensed, then you want it sorting out quickly. I wouldn't use a stand-alone ATM anywhere. Tried to use an ATM out of hours in Plovdiv [nice place], and it wouldn't work, fortunately the card never got eaten either.

I'd trust Airport ATMs.....but I usually deal in cash.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

1,153Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin