Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • confused0376
    • By confused0376 9th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    confused0376
    Mortgage Advice please?
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    Mortgage Advice please? 9th Jun 17 at 9:36 AM
    I am looking to move house. I have minimum 50k equity (have been told more but 'm being cautious). salary is £19K, I have a loan for windows which will be paid off from profit from sale if not before, monthly payment to this is £105. Credit card with £1500 balance will be paid off. on top of salary, £500 a month tax credits, £138 month child benefit and £250 month maintenance through a legal signed agreement. Had a quote from Nationwide who take all income into account, say they can give £100,000 over 19 years or £115,000 over 25 years. House I am looking to buy (private sale) is around £150,000.

I'm looking for reassurance to go for agreement in principle, not necessarily from Nationwide but any other that also takes into account all or at least most income pathways. Quote from Nationwide asked for debt levels at time of moving house, which will be none as they will be paid off (no missed payments etc). Does this all really sound possible? Any advice appreciated
Page 1
    • Lilla D
    • By Lilla D 9th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    Lilla D
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    Yes, it sounds about right.

However, if you are already looking for reassurance at this stage, you'll have plenty more worries during the process and with a direct application you'll have no one to ask. You may be better off finding a broker you like and trust, so they can not only go through your options, but also help you and answer all your questions during the process.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • confused0376
    • By confused0376 9th Jun 17, 6:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    confused0376
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:06 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:06 PM
    Thanks Lilla

I got this information/quote through my broker that I used to buy my first house, he said that Nationwide was probablythe most likely due to their income criteria. Was just looking for any more idea or advice before I go ahead with it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,965Posts Today

8,205Users online

Martin's Twitter