Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fieldo
    • By fieldo 9th Jun 17, 9:04 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fieldo
    Company Car or not and milage claims!!??
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:04 AM
    Company Car or not and milage claims!!?? 9th Jun 17 at 9:04 AM
    Can anyone please help...

I have a salary sacrifice car through works perks, I pay for the car through my salary and save on tax but I don't get any company car payment or contribution from work. When I first got the car the council I worked for told me to put my milage claim in as normal and claim 45p a mile, however I've now had the car 12 months and they have changed their policy and I can now only claim 8p per mile.

I've queried this but they have advised that 8p a mile is the recommended amount for a company car, but I this ISN'T a company car, its a lease car, I do not get any contribution for my car from my employee. Can anyone help with this???? does anyone have any guidance or further info so I can go back to HR and query this further????

Thank you in anticipation
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 9th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    • 4,429 Posts
    • 2,781 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    A salary sacrifice car is classed as a company car, not a personal car. Your employer doesn't need to contribute, you receive the tax advantage by reason of your employment.
    Last edited by Darksparkle; 09-06-2017 at 9:40 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,384Posts Today

6,945Users online

Martin's Twitter