Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GeorgePowerFinch
    • By GeorgePowerFinch 9th Jun 17, 8:46 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GeorgePowerFinch
    Car crashed into me and I wasn't there.
    • 9th Jun 17, 8:46 AM
    Car crashed into me and I wasn't there. 9th Jun 17 at 8:46 AM
    Long story short...

Parked my car to head into town for an hour, came back and there was a note on my windscreen saying "just seen this VW Passat crash into while reversing and drive off, his number plate is... etc etc...".

No CCTV around but there was a witness, will this be enough? I have dash cam footage of the car parked in front of me but not of the crash and the number plate does match up to the footage. I did phone my insurance company and notify them but I'm a little worried on the outcome, never had to deal with anything like this before!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jun 17, 9:42 AM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,007 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:42 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:42 AM
    If you are making a claim, then you will have to pay your excess.

If you have legal cover with your policy use this to claim the excess (and any other uninsured expenses) back.

If you don't have legal cover you will need to find the third party insurer's details and claim back yourself
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

569Posts Today

5,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin