Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dogmatic69
    • By dogmatic69 8th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    dogmatic69
    Parking charge Smart Parking/DRP
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    Parking charge Smart Parking/DRP 8th Jun 17 at 10:25 PM
    Hi,

Just had a letter from DRP come through the post. First ever knowledge of a parking charge. Wanting £160 which is obscene.

I have not seen any cases like this, obviously I have missed any appeal window (aside from the fact that it should be 365 days instead of 28 days).

Charge date was 20/04/2017 at Fistral beach newqua. I managed to track down the pics from ANPR on the smart parking site and detailed as follows

Contravention Date 20/04/2017
    Contravention Time 15:16
    Issue Date 25/04/2017
    Make Unknown
    Colour Unknown
    Was seen in FISTRAL BEACH, NEWQUAY
    Contravention Insufficient Paid Time

According to pics arrival 15:16:20, departed 17:32:20

I 100% paid for parking, we were on holiday and followed parking payments strictly. This seems to say the contravention time was the same as arrival time, does that mean to say no parking was paid?

Problem is I paid cash and have since chucked the tickets away, I mean its been almost two months. Had the ticket been posted correctly I would have still had the ticket.

According to bmpa I should just ignore it (bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html) but I have seen on other sites the company does not give up.

Any ideas appreciated.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jun 17, 10:46 PM
    • 15,151 Posts
    • 19,085 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:46 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:46 PM
    they dont "give up" until 6 years have elapsed , but the IGNORE options is still valid at this point

read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

in future , keep parking tickets for a minimum of 3 months , preferably longer

ps:- they are saying that you stayed longer than allowed , so I think 2 hours was paid for and they allege the stay was longer (which they often do)

you even stated INSUFFICIENT PAID TIME in your post

this means they failed to apply the BPA CoP grace periods in clause #13

so you should have appealed at the time of the pcn , less than 2 weeks after the event
    Last edited by Redx; 08-06-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • dogmatic69
    • By dogmatic69 8th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dogmatic69
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    > so you should have appealed at the time of the pcn , less than 2 weeks after the event

Like I said, the first letter I have had relating to any parking charge was a collection letter from DRP. Never had any parking charge to appeal.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 15,151 Posts
    • 19,085 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    in that case use that fact as being the NTK and use the correct appeal to the PPC

they are likely to refuse the appeal, but do it anyway and keep copies in case this goes to court

this is a corrupt and unfair scheme for sc@mmers that you have fallen for

but do not contact DRP, ignore them completely , forever

and email the BPA and complain with copies of the paperwork, especially about the lack of an NTK from not so SMART
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    • 48,847 Posts
    • 62,343 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    It is only Smart, after all. They have done this before, no PCN, straight to DRPlus.

Boring letters to ignore will follow and if they (Smart, because DRPlus can't) try a small claim, we've seen them off each time (easy).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Somerslees2
    • By Somerslees2 12th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Somerslees2
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    Drp
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    I thought the letters had stopped from 2013 when I parked at work not displaying my parking permit, but on Saturday I received a final notice demanding £90 or court action. The funny thing is it said I wasn't displaying a parking ticket when it was actually a work permit I wasn't displaying. Unbelievable
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 40,171 Posts
    • 80,257 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    I thought the letters had stopped from 2013 when I parked at work not displaying my parking permit, but on Saturday I received a final notice demanding £90 or court action. The funny thing is it said I wasn't displaying a parking ticket when it was actually a work permit I wasn't displaying. Unbelievable
    Originally posted by Somerslees2
    If you need help you should read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread. The advice for debt collectors however is very easy. Ignore them.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    • 48,847 Posts
    • 62,343 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    Smart try a few small claims now. You will need a forum defence to quash it, if so, and we hope at no stage, did you tell them who was driving (in any appeal made, because you should have appealed).

You will need to start your own new thread, as and when a defence is needed, or just copy others.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    • 15,151 Posts
    • 19,085 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    its not that unbelievable

the PPC has 72 months (6 years) to file a court claim and its been that way since 1973

so it appears your deadline was 2019 , so you are getting letters two thirds of the way through the period of time allowed by the courts

bear in mind that accuracy is not the strongpoint of any PPC we have come across
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,461Posts Today

8,046Users online

Martin's Twitter