Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Erinandi
    • By Erinandi 8th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Erinandi
    Excel parking Cavendish Retail Park help
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    Excel parking Cavendish Retail Park help 8th Jun 17 at 9:18 PM
    Sorry I know you all must be sick of newbies.....I have tried to read all sticky posts but am still getting confused and at the point of paying, but there is a little part of me that does not want to.

So I got a notice to keeper. I know I did not drive the car that day as I was at work 75 miles away in Durham. I believe no ticket was bought. My first question is, is that an "unfair ticket"?

I understand that I can say I was not driving but can they still pursue me as registered keeper? I can see that lots of cases been won at court level but what are the chances they will take me to court anyway. Excel seems to be reported here as better at winning etc

After researching pofa it appears that excel may have gone against this? The parking happen on 9th May. Their issue date was 25th May. Does this mean that they can not hold me the keeper liable for driver?

Tia
    Last edited by Erinandi; 08-06-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Page 3
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 3rd Dec 17, 6:23 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 3,211 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    New letter arrived Thursday headed "Letter of Claim".
    Search for Pre-Action Protocol (PAP). Have you sent already sent a PAP letter and have you had a response?
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Erinandi
    • By Erinandi 3rd Dec 17, 7:29 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Erinandi
    Tried to attach photos of letters but can’t seem to do it from my phone. They are from BW Legal.

First one:

“We have been instructed by Excel Parking Services Ltd to commence legal action in the form of issuing a Claim against you in the County Court, without further notice, in respect of the above debt, if payment or a response is not received before. If you despite this debt, please tell us why so that we can help resolve this matter.

Estimated Claim
    Such legal action may result in you being liable for Court fees, solicitors’ costs and statutory interest which are estimated below”

Goes on to say what I need to do (pay balance), then threaten CCJ’s. Enclosed is form with tick boxes to say what I will do eg pay debt or dispute it.
    • Erinandi
    • By Erinandi 3rd Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Erinandi
    Search for Pre-Action Protocol (PAP). Have you sent already sent a PAP letter and have you had a response?
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    Yes sent and got reply. In short:

-they say their legal fee is reasonable,
    -they are relying on Chaplair vs Kumasi
    -they note comments on PoFA and do not intend to rely on it,
    -note what I say on Elliot vs Loake but maintain their position and as precedent set they presume I am driver
    -they will rely on Combined Parking solution vs AJH films
    - their actions fall short of high threshold of harassment as it is reasonable course of action to take.

This was in second letter I got from BW level.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 4th Dec 17, 11:09 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    CPS vs AJH requires that the driver and keeper are a company, and the driver was acting under the companies instructions.

Have they complied with all elements of the new PAP, including the 30 day notice?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin