Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • my-user-name
    • By my-user-name 8th Jun 17, 8:56 PM
    • 256Posts
    • 926Thanks
    my-user-name
    Consumer Refund Service,do I have to use them?
    • 8th Jun 17, 8:56 PM
    Consumer Refund Service,do I have to use them? 8th Jun 17 at 8:56 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I know everyone says we can do our own claims for PPI and not to bother with these companies but I thought it might be hard not knowing all the information so when I received a letter from Consumer Refund Service I filled in the form they sent and thought nothing more of it.
    Today I received a letter from them thanking me for filling in the questionnaire,it says they have used the questionarre ,together with the information provided by Citi Financial and they've asked me to sign the form they have enclosed(does this mean Citi Finacial have confirmed to them I paid PPI?)
    The form they sent me actually had my account number and the date I had my credit card by Citi Financial(something I didn't have myself) They only need my signature on the forms they have sent me today ...........could I just ignore this letter and claim it myself??
    Everyone says its easy to do it themselves but would it be better to leave it up to them?? Appologises if this has been asked many times on here.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 12,093 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    Depends on what you have already signed and what the terms say.

It's easy to do yourself but you have probably already committed to paying them bucketloads for them to post the form for you.
    • my-user-name
    • By my-user-name 8th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    my-user-name
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    Depends on what you have already signed and what the terms say.

It's easy to do yourself but you have probably already committed to paying them bucketloads for them to post the form for you.
    Originally posted by zx81

!!!!!!
    How would I know if Ive signed up with them zx81?? as far as I'm aware I just filled in the form that came through my door and weeks later I received this letter which came today.I know they take a chunk of money from any PPI I get back,just a little worried if no PPI comes back then I<ll still have to pay them something.
    Thanks for replying.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Jun 17, 9:17 PM
    • 31,197 Posts
    • 36,899 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:17 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:17 PM
    They take 25% of any successful claim

https://consumer-refund.org/fees/

Nothing otherwise
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • my-user-name
    • By my-user-name 8th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    my-user-name
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    They take 25% of any successful claim

https://consumer-refund.org/fees/

Nothing otherwise
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    So if they find out theres no PPI to claim it wont cost me anything Browntoa???
    That's the part I'm slightly worried about.
    Just managed to open your link,hopefully it does mean they wont charge me anything if theres no PPI.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    • 31,197 Posts
    • 36,899 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    No win no fee
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • my-user-name
    • By my-user-name 8th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    my-user-name
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    No win no fee
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    Phew Im pleased about that!!
    Im really not sure if Ive signed up with them but if its just 25% then I might just sign it and leave it to them.
    (and make sure in future I do it myself)
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 9th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 31,197 Posts
    • 36,899 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    and to fully read things before you sign them and send them off
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,965Posts Today

8,205Users online

Martin's Twitter