Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingforthefuture
    • By savingforthefuture 8th Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    savingforthefuture
    Smart parking fine at Astle retail park
    • 8th Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    Smart parking fine at Astle retail park 8th Jun 17 at 1:26 PM
    Hi All,

I've received a fine of £60 for exceeding my stay at the Astle retail park in West Bromwich by 19 minutes. The camera has me entering the site at 11:35 and leaving at 13:54. It was a bank holiday and the car park was packed, we drove round a few times to find a space. I have a baby so had to get the pushachair etc out the car and went over to the machine, I'd never been here before so read the pay and display information and paid for two hours. I just assumed that my parking time was from buying the ticket until i arrived back at the car.
    Should i just pay the £60 or do i stand a chance for appeal?
    I've tried to find out who owns the private land, to approach them directly about it, but aren't having much luck.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jun 17, 1:34 PM
    • 31,513 Posts
    • 15,527 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Jun 17, 1:34 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 1:34 PM
    Firstly you haven't been "fined"

Secondly you should have read the newbies faq thread before starting a new thread. (As you are politely asked to do)

All advice is there for you
    • savingforthefuture
    • By savingforthefuture 8th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    savingforthefuture
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    Many thanks for the reply. I have read the newbie thread. I was wondering if i should include the details i mentioned above in the BPA members template? or just leave it as it is?

Many thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 13,145 Posts
    • 20,542 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    Many thanks for the reply. I have read the newbie thread. I was wondering if i should include the details i mentioned above in the BPA members template? or just leave it as it is?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by savingforthefuture
    Nope, you use it just as it is. Once people starting adding their 'story' to it they tend to blow off their toes by indicating the identity of the driver. Added to that, the PPC will have no interest, no compassion and no cancellation for you.

You need to get into Asda and get the manager involved by complaining about this harassment of one of their customers by a third party. Take receipts or bank/cc statements showing spend on the day and any back issues showing regular patronage. Get Asda to cancel the charge.

Do both the above in parallel.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 46,959 Posts
    • 60,319 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    do i stand a chance for appeal?
    As long as you appeal as keeper then follow our templates, we will eat our hats if you lose at POPLA. Nobody can lose v Smart Parking at POPLA stage, except numpties who write some flowery appeal telling them all about who was driving.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

909Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter