Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 8th Jun 17, 9:06 AM
    • 4,315Posts
    • 1,754Thanks
    brewerdave
    Big Community Switch
    • 8th Jun 17, 9:06 AM
    Big Community Switch 8th Jun 17 at 9:06 AM
    Had my personalised projection this morning - SSE - considerably more expensive than my current deals, and ,as far as my usage was concerned, about £60 pa more than EON v10 - so not much of a collective offer!!
Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 8th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 496 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    Interesting. What were the headline figures, and for what region?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 8th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    • 4,315 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    For Wales - currently paying ~ £1260pa -the offer was for £1377pa ...and I think, EON v10 came out at ~ £1320 pa but didn't record the figs.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 8th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    • 496 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    For Wales - currently paying ~ £1260pa -the offer was for £1377pa ...and I think, EON v10 came out at ~ £1320 pa but didn't record the figs.
    Originally posted by brewerdave

Meaningless without Unit rates and Standing Charges but still shows that collectives aren't working out too well this year.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 8th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    • 4,315 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 8th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    Didn't keep a note of proposed s.cs and unit rates - now can't see them as I refused the ichoosr (Big Community switch) offer - but I use 5650kwh electric and 16550kwh gas, so a reasonably high user.
    Last edited by brewerdave; 08-06-2017 at 3:18 PM. Reason: wrong usage figures
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 8th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    • 7,551 Posts
    • 3,643 Thanks
    Stompa
    • 8th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    Had my personalised projection this morning - SSE - considerably more expensive than my current deals, and ,as far as my usage was concerned, about £60 pa more than EON v10 - so not much of a collective offer!!
    Well that depends, the SSE deal is about 18% cheaper than E.On v10 for me.
    Stompa
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 8th Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    • 4,315 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 8th Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    Well that depends, the SSE deal is about 18% cheaper than E.On v10 for me.
    Originally posted by Stompa
    I think that there must have been something wrong with "my personalised projection" - I've just checked and there is an SSE/SWALEC tariff generally available which is better than EON v10 ,apparently undercutting the Big Community switch offer -unfortunately can't get back into the offer to check on the details held.

One thing I have learnt this pm, is that you have to check that the comparison engine has up to date usage figures. I appear to have used the latest figures in some but others have got old values in from previous years .
    Last edited by brewerdave; 08-06-2017 at 3:21 PM.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 8th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    • 7,551 Posts
    • 3,643 Thanks
    Stompa
    • 8th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    FWIW the figures for me are (Eastern region):

E.On Saver Fixed 1 Year v10
    Gas 3.648/21.903
    Elec 14.7/16.422

SSE Collective 1 Year Fixed v4
    Gas 2.47/14.8
    Elec 13.99/14.8
    Stompa
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Jun 17, 7:49 AM
    • 4,315 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 9th Jun 17, 7:49 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 7:49 AM
    I've had a couple of communications from Big Community Switch - 1st one tells me that they can't include IRESA in their comparisons because:-
    "We are sorry to hear that you are unable to find your current energy supplier on our registration form. Unfortunately, Iresa Energy is not on our registration form as they do not wish to provide their tariff details to the impartial service provider with which our registration forms are linked. As we do not have the details regarding their tariffs we are unable to add any of them to our registration forms. As such, we would ask you to fill out a different tariff and supplier combination in order to be able to finalise your registration with us. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."
    2nd email tells me that they can't offer me a tariff in my County anyway! -which makes me wonder where yesterday's offer came from!!
    • macman
    • By macman 9th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    • 40,881 Posts
    • 16,691 Thanks
    macman
    Since Iresa are not currently accepting new customers, they presumably don't want to have to pay to be listed, hence the omission.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 20th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 7,551 Posts
    • 3,643 Thanks
    Stompa
    Has anybody else opted for this Big Community Switch?

I did so on June 8th, and received a confirmation email from iChoosr the same day. Then nothing until June 13th, when I received an email from SSE asking me to complete the first stage of my registration online, this resulted in me being told that I'd get a letter from them within 4 working days, but I've still not had that.

Is it just me, or are they sluggish for others too? Or perhaps I'm just being too impatient!
    Stompa
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 21st Jun 17, 10:21 AM
    • 4,315 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I've had a couple of communications from Big Community Switch - 1st one tells me that they can't include IRESA in their comparisons because:-
    "We are sorry to hear that you are unable to find your current energy supplier on our registration form. Unfortunately, Iresa Energy is not on our registration form as they do not wish to provide their tariff details to the impartial service provider with which our registration forms are linked. As we do not have the details regarding their tariffs we are unable to add any of them to our registration forms. As such, we would ask you to fill out a different tariff and supplier combination in order to be able to finalise your registration with us. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."
    2nd email tells me that they can't offer me a tariff in my County anyway! -which makes me wonder where yesterday's offer came from!!
    They have just sent me my "offer" again,even tho' I declined it.
    Just for info in Wales region:-
    Electric 14.61p/kwh with s/c of 14.8p/day
    Gas 2.57p/kwh with s/c of 14.8p/day
    All inc of VAT.
    Standing charges and gas tariff better than current but leccy unit price considerably more than current. If I had Stompa's offer it would be worth considering a switch
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,441Users online

Martin's Twitter