Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 7th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    • 3,597Posts
    • 2,930Thanks
    dekaspace
    Telling a phone company no!!
    • 7th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    Telling a phone company no!! 7th Jun 17 at 6:55 PM
    Im trying to cancel my contract with Three as got a better deal with cashback elsewhere but on my 4th call at moment and despite saying no each time they kept insisting on giving me "offers" which are no better than new customer deals, one even telling me I won't get a good deal elsewhere and not to trust other companies!

I keep saying not interested and asking for pac code but get nowhere!

I know its about assertiveness but I am a timid person so its hard for me!
Page 1
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 7th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 1,770 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 7th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    just say you are being supplied a business phone free and you need a PAC for it
    • d123
    • By d123 7th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    • 6,702 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    Tell them you are moving to the north of Scotland and the only coverage there is Vodafone or o2 2G.

Look at their coverage map and choose a village if you want to really be prepared. I can guarantee it works from personal experience.
    ====
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 7,490 Posts
    • 2,347 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    Tell them if they don't provide the PAC immediately without further hassle you'll make a formal complaint and never use Three again.
    • d123
    • By d123 7th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 6,702 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    Tell them if they don't provide the PAC immediately without further hassle you'll make a formal complaint and never use Three again.
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie
    That doesn’t always work with some of the types they employ, some will ignore the threat and continue or just drop the call at that stage. They can be a real nightmare.

Giving a remote Scottish postcode has always worked, they have no script or answer to it.
    ====
    • Tyler Durden UK
    • By Tyler Durden UK 7th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    • 681 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    Tyler Durden UK
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    From Ofcom - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-mobile-phone-provider

"A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text."
    • d123
    • By d123 7th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 6,702 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    • 7th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    From Ofcom - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-mobile-phone-provider

"A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text."
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden UK
    Have you ever tried to get a PAC from the Three foreign call centre?

They never actually say no, they just keep on and on and on trying to get you to stay.
    ====
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 7th Jun 17, 10:17 PM
    • 3,597 Posts
    • 2,930 Thanks
    dekaspace
    • 7th Jun 17, 10:17 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 10:17 PM
    Yes, well first call I made I asked for the Scottish call centre but they only deal with complaints so put me back through to other ones.

Seems to be sorted now on my 4th call, it seems I was speaking to retentions, when they finally put me through to the actual cancellation team they did try and get me to stay and I said I wanted to leave.

Only thing though was it was a nightmare getting a PAC code so instead said I wanted to change to PAYG.

Did offer me the 30 gig and AYCE tariff for £12 a month though, and on 30 day contract but said no (as I already got a good cashback deal elsewhere)

So the next hassle will be either to wait till its ported to PAYG and get pac code or risk ringing back and getting pestered to stay.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 8th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    • 7,647 Posts
    • 5,502 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 8th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie
    I told them last time they could either give me the PAC or justify their refusal to Ofcom. Then didn't answer any calls from their retentions team. In my experience they are the most reluctant network to give PACs
    • macman
    • By macman 8th Jun 17, 11:13 AM
    • 41,351 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    Just request your PAC and terminate the call. Using the magic word 'OFCOM' usually helps...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • anajames
    • By anajames 8th Jun 17, 2:15 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    anajames
    These promotions are at times very annoying.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 9th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 3,597 Posts
    • 2,930 Thanks
    dekaspace
    These promotions are at times very annoying.
    Originally posted by anajames
    Whos promoting? Are you accusing me of promoting them? I said I was going with a better network due to a better deal and listed problems with leaving.

Or were you just saying something for attention as you don't have much posting history?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,456Posts Today

7,362Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin