Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ps2659
    • By ps2659 7th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 462Posts
    • 221Thanks
    ps2659
    200 GB photo storage
    • 7th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    200 GB photo storage 7th Jun 17 at 8:41 AM
    I have an external hard drive with 200gig of photos and I worry that should this go faulty I would lose over 10 years of pictures, my question would it be better to back up with a second external hard drive or is there a low cost way to store this amount on an equivalent to icloud.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
Page 2
    • marvin
    • By marvin 19th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    • 2,086 Posts
    • 3,172 Thanks
    marvin
    It's unlimited because they are increasing their data centers storage capacity's each year to be ahead of demand.

So the data centers capacity may not be unlimited but you will never be able to fill it up because they are forever increasing it.
    Originally posted by takman
    I think you find out how unlimited something is when you test their limits.

They tend to advertise unlimited not expecting anyone to get near using too much but align this to am "acceptable use" policy.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
    • Tiexen
    • By Tiexen 20th Jun 17, 2:49 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Tiexen
    How about Flickr:

Flickr is now offering every user 1 terabyte of free storage for original resolution photos.

Flickr does not compress originals.
    If you download your originals, the files you receive will be bit-for-bit identical.

Like most photo apps, we create several sizes of thumbnail images for the purpose of showing images quickly on the web and in the mobile apps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

626Posts Today

5,929Users online

Martin's Twitter