Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WileEcoyote
    • By WileEcoyote 7th Jun 17, 12:03 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WileEcoyote
    Newbie POPLA help against Indigo
    • 7th Jun 17, 12:03 AM
    Newbie POPLA help against Indigo 7th Jun 17 at 12:03 AM
    Hi all,

I'm just seeking a little guidance with reference to my POPLA appeal.
    I have been reading up on the newbies guidance and also the numerous other threads regarding Indigo.
    I have submitted the blue template to Indigo as per the guidance on day 25, with no suggestion as to the driver.

I have subsequently received the notice (below) from Indigo.
    I have yet to receive any NTK and i am assuming that the word document below is not a substitute for this?

Is there any length of time that i should now wait before using one of the other templates for my POPLA appeal, as i haven't received the NTK?

I noticed that the pictures produced by Indigo to support their case have multiple variations of time when they were taken suggesting inaccuracy.

I'm assuming that i should ignore this, as this will not be any useful basis for the appeal?
    Is there anything else i should consider except for the bits on the guidance pages?

Many thanks
    WileE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>
    Parking Charge Notice:
    Vehicle Registration: Date: 3 May 2017
    POPLA Verification: xxx yyy x yyy

Dear

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge Notice.

Indigo Park Services Ltd operates as an AOS approved operator, in accordance with the British Parking Association Code of Practice for private parking. When parking on private land, the onus rests with the motorist to accept and to comply with the land owners Terms and Conditions of parking.

Having reviewed the circumstances surrounding the issuing of the above Parking Charge Notice, and having considered your reasons for appeal, our decision is to uphold the Parking Charge Notice.

Breach Code 1: Failing to display a valid ticket or voucher (inclusive of e-tickets)

Having reviewed the photographic evidence which you will find attached, your vehicle has been parked within the car park without displaying a valid ticket and upon searching their PDA, the Parking Attendant has also been unable to locate a valid e-ticket for your vehicle and therefore this notice was issued.

By entering the car park you are agreeing to park in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and it is the customer's responsibility to ensure they observe the terms and conditions before leaving their vehicle in the car park. It clearly states in the terms and conditions “A Penalty Notice may be attached to your vehicle, or sent to the registered address of the vehicle if your vehicle is failing to display a valid ticket, voucher or permit”.

Alternative methods of making a ticket purchase are available via phone, web, using the indigo or Connect Cashless parking app.

Payment at the reduced rate of £60.00 for the Parking Charge Notice will be accepted if received within 14 days of the date of this letter. Payment can be made using the following options:

• Online at
    • Cheque or postal order made payable to “Indigo Park Services UK Ltd” sent to the address above (please be sure to include your PCN number on the rear)
    • Over the telephone with one of our team on 03301235247

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. Should you remain dissatisfied with this decision, you may further your appeal to the Parking On Private Land Appeal service (POPLA) within 28 days of this notice of rejection, details of which are available at URL Remember to use your 10 digit verification code shown at the top of this letter.

If you would prefer to submit your POPLA appeal by post, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details shown above.

Please note that should your appeal to POPLA be unsuccessful, Indigo Park Services UK Ltd reserves the right to pursue the full amount outstanding as stated on the Parking Charge Notice, plus any additional associated costs in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of parking.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services URL provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

Yours sincerely,
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jun 17, 12:06 AM
    • 46,949 Posts
    • 60,296 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jun 17, 12:06 AM
    • 7th Jun 17, 12:06 AM
    I have subsequently received the notice (below) from Indigo.
    I have yet to receive any NTK and i am assuming that the word document below is not a substitute for this?

Is there any length of time that i should now wait before using one of the other templates for my POPLA appeal, as i haven't received the NTK?
    Best to wait 26 days or so (again), to get past or very near to the limit of day 56, by which they would have to send a NTK.

You can safely use a POPLA code up till 30 days from the rejection letter date and you don't need to be pointed to look at any other site to 'check your code'.

So in most cases you can get very close to 56 days or even past 56 days after the PCN, easily.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• lmh503
    • By lmh503 8th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lmh503
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    How did you complete the online appeal without driver details? Doing mine now and it wont let me progress with form if I untick the 'were you the driver' box and do not add details!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    • 46,949 Posts
    • 60,296 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    How did you complete the online appeal without driver details? Doing mine now and it wont let me progress with form if I untick the 'were you the driver' box and do not add details!
    Originally posted by lmh503
    Just put no.

If it then asks for their name put 'A N Other' (etc).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,552Posts Today

7,934Users online

Martin's Twitter