Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Suebennett
    • By Suebennett 6th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Suebennett
    G24 Parking Charge
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    G24 Parking Charge 6th Jun 17 at 9:47 PM
    Hi , I just get a letter from G24 that charge me £100 for parking at Homebase and left 10 min past the time, that can be reduce to £60 if I pay with 14 days after I receive the letter, but today is already the 14 days the date that letter was sent to me. The charge is at my husband name but I was the driver , my husband can't drive.
    Should I pay or ignore?? I just came from Homebase and the manager said he can't help me at all.
    Please help!
    Thanks
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 6th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 7,128 Posts
    • 7,148 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    Please abide by your signup agreement and read the up to date advice in the Newbies Sticky in THE CORRECT FORUM!

And do not hijack other peoples threads.
    • By 1886 11th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 398 Thanks
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    I had one of these for overstaying by eleven minutes. G24 wanted £70.

I went in the parking ticket sub forum and found a template to send to them and challenge them. They contacted me 48 hrs later and said that they were'nt taking it any further. I've also managed to help a young lad at work who got a letter from them too
    • soolin
    • By soolin 11th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 58,757 Posts
    • 41,603 Thanks
    soolin
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    I've moved this thread to the sub board for more responses and so that OP can find the sticky threads.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    • 14,465 Posts
    • 18,059 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    he sends the IPC template from the NEWBIES sticky thread to G24

after that he ignores anything except an MCOL from Northampton (court papers)

do not reveal who was driving, and edit your posts accordingly too

Homebase are probably lying, but you may need to complain to the actual landholder or Managing Agent (MA) - not Homebase

chances are that Homebase dont own the land
    Last edited by Redx; 11-06-2017 at 2:37 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 13,161 Posts
    • 20,565 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    Did you spend money at Homebase? if the local manager won't help you, write to his boss (the CEO of the company), complain about his lack of help for one of his customers - send copies of receipts for the day, or bank/cc statements and any back issues to show regular patronage - and ask the CEO to intervene and cancel ticket.

In parallel, appeal to G24 using the IPC initial appeal in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, and attach copies of the receipt for the day to show you were a genuine customer. Be careful with the final paragraph you will be adding not to identify who was driving.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    • 39,242 Posts
    • 78,406 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    As far as your question whether to pay or ignore, the answer is neither!

Please first edit your post as already advised to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver, The Keeper, or An Occupant.

Then send the IPC template in black from the NEWBIES sticky thread after you have given the aforementioned NEWBIES a thorough read.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,216Users online

Martin's Twitter