Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FeelingLighterAlready
    • By FeelingLighterAlready 6th Jun 17, 9:13 PM
    • 89Posts
    • 31Thanks
    FeelingLighterAlready
    Virgin credit card application
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:13 PM
    Virgin credit card application 6th Jun 17 at 9:13 PM
    I applied online for a Virgin credit card, 24 months interest free on Friday morning and I received an email saying:

"We are considering your application based on the information you have provided, and will be in touch again soon."

I haven't had any response since then & wonder if this might mean that I have been rejected?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 11,976 Posts
    • 12,115 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    No. It means your application has been referred.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 7th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 1,891 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 7th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    I applied online for a Virgin credit card, 24 months interest free on Friday morning and I received an email saying:

"We are considering your application based on the information you have provided, and will be in touch again soon."

I haven't had any response since then & wonder if this might mean that I have been rejected?
    Originally posted by FeelingLighterAlready
    I also applied Friday and got the same message, despite their check before you apply service saying my application would be accepted if I applied.

I received an acceptance email this morning just after 9am:

We are delighted to confirm that your application for a Virgin Money Credit Card has been approved.
    It was my fourth credit application within a month. I was a little concerned it would be rejected.
    • FeelingLighterAlready
    • By FeelingLighterAlready 8th Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    FeelingLighterAlready
    • 8th Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    That's great good for you SnowTiger!

Did you apply for a balance transfer too?

I keep refreshing my emails as really want to see the same message ha.
    • FeelingLighterAlready
    • By FeelingLighterAlready 8th Jun 17, 8:11 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    FeelingLighterAlready
    • 8th Jun 17, 8:11 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 8:11 PM
    I was also told I would definitely be accepted from this website prechecker for Virgin credit card at 24 months...
    • FeelingLighterAlready
    • By FeelingLighterAlready 9th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    FeelingLighterAlready
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    Received a letter today saying they are close to making a decision on my application. They just need proof of my identity and address, so I have posted off today a copy of my passport and driving licence, as they requested.

Does this mean I may be accepted? Has anyone else had the same experience of sending proof of ID and then being accepted or rejected recently? I know some have in the past from checking out other posts just wonder if lately?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    • 11,976 Posts
    • 12,115 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    If they're satisfied with the ID check, then you are likely to get the card.

But there's no point in comparing yourself with others' experiences - some will be accepted, some will still be declined at this stage.
    • FeelingLighterAlready
    • By FeelingLighterAlready 16th Jun 17, 9:24 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    FeelingLighterAlready
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:24 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:24 AM
    Just received an email to say I have been approved and my card is on the way! They have given me a credit limit of £3,300 which is 2k more than what I requested for a balance transfer so am very pleased as this is going to massively help out in the short term but also improve my credit rating in the longer term ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

747Posts Today

6,522Users online

Martin's Twitter