Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nile
    • By Nile 6th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    • 14,176Posts
    • 14,113Thanks
    Nile
    I need a new television
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    I need a new television 6th Jun 17 at 7:48 PM
    My 32" Sony Bravia LCD television is on the way out. It has developed white lines across the screen. It looks like an A4 lined writing pad underneath or within the picture.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your views on the following:

It's on most days and has lasted 9 years, is that pretty good?

I think I'd like another Sony but what has a better picture quality?

I'm not interested in 3D or a curved screen but what other new tech options are worth investigating?

Thanks

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
Page 2
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 10th Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    • 3,089 Posts
    • 6,355 Thanks
    Murphybear
    LG are pretty good these days , another vote for local richer sounds as they offer totally impartial advice and know what they are talking about

And free 6 year warranty as mentioned
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    We bought a 42 in LG from Makro in 2008. It was a one off and we paid silly money to take it away there and the . It has been brilliant and still going strong. If you don't want all the bells and whistles then you can get a good brand such as Sony, Samsung etc fairly cheap these days and it would last for years.
    • Crag30
    • By Crag30 10th Jun 17, 4:25 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Crag30
    I bought 2 Sony Bravias for the llounge and upstairs. I thought buying Sony was a ggod call, but after 18 months or so, BBC iplayer and YouTube became 2 of the apps that were no longer compatible.
    I may as well buy cheap next time if TV's are going to lose there functiuon so quickly, or buy a better picture quality, not so Smaret TV, with a Smart Box
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 10th Jun 17, 8:06 PM
    • 944 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    LG seem to be the best TVs for Ap support.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mike_Newcomb
    • By Mike_Newcomb 11th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Mike_Newcomb
    Hi Crag, have you tried Googling:

'sony bravia update apps'

There are hits detailing how to download and apply updates
    It could be that your updates do not occur automatically.

Depending on make and/or model some smart sets are not so smart.

Regards - Mike
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

3,500Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin