Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KevlaNoDice
    • By KevlaNoDice 6th Jun 17, 3:42 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 9Thanks
    KevlaNoDice
    Euro Car Parks - 130 charge cancelled
    • 6th Jun 17, 3:42 PM
    Euro Car Parks - 130 charge cancelled 6th Jun 17 at 3:42 PM
    Hello!

First of all, thanks to all those who provide useful info on here, you're doing a great service. I've been lurking for a while but thought I needed to share this, today.

A few months ago I overstayed at a Euro Car Parks managed car park in Bath. I had an operation on the 31st October and as a result, still have limited mobility, and what I do have is rather painful. This is why it took me 105 minutes to complete my monthly shopping, 15 minutes over their 90 minute limit.

I ignored the letters, and eventually received further free bog roll from their debt recovery company, DRP. I ignored those too. I (today) got bored of these threatening letters, so decided I would call the manager of the store, whose car park is managed by ECP.

I explained that I did not have the receipt from the day I received the fine, but I have kept all receipts since, and they come to nearly 400. I do not want to have to take my business elsewhere, but am prepared to do so, if need be. The manager has kindly agreed to email ECP and rescind the parking charge, so I am hoping that will be the end of it.

I have heaps of paperwork from the hospitals and doctors, and was fully prepared to take this to court, but it seems this is no longer necessary. Just thought this might be a good route for others to take in the future, if you can provide proof of your purchases...

I also made the mistake of speaking with DRP, and it is my firm believe that these people are *&^*^, really unwilling to help, and kept on saying that they will take me to court - I mean, what kind of horrible person(s) prey on someone who has a severe medical issue? They just do not care... I hope that karma catches up with them one day.
    Last edited by KevlaNoDice; 06-06-2017 at 4:03 PM.
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Jun 17, 4:11 PM
    • 3,492 Posts
    • 3,551 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:11 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:11 PM
    We almost always recommend speaking with the principal (shop, managing agent, etc.) to get PCNs cancelled ... as well as tackling with the parking company via the advice given in the NEWBIES sticky thread.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • KevlaNoDice
    • By KevlaNoDice 6th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    KevlaNoDice
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    it was worth doing! in fairness I was ready to go to court, just glad I get to use the day of holiday it would have taken to do something I want to do, instead...

Thanks again
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Jun 17, 4:48 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:48 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 4:48 PM
    Well done, but it ain't over till the ppc sends the cancellation just be mindful, as for DRP that's why we say never phone debt recovery companies as they tell lies, and try to trap you.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jun 17, 7:38 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,106 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:38 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:38 PM
    I will link your success in the 'Successful complaints' thread. Was this the Sainsburys Car park in Bath?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KevlaNoDice
    • By KevlaNoDice 12th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    KevlaNoDice
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    Thanks everyone..

Yes, it was Sainsbury's in Green Park, Bath.

I received another letter from DRP today, saying the charge/ticket is still valid. So I called the store once again, and explained that I have heaps of medical paperwork explaining my condition, hundreds of pounds of receipts, and I want this to be followed up as soon as they have the time to do so. I received a call back a few minutes later, and they are going to tell them once again that the fine needs to be cancelled.

I'm still tempted to have my day in court, as there is not a judge or jury in the land who will fail to see my point of view, I just have very little annual holiday and would like to spend the day drinking beer and not thinking about these things

I'll update as soon as I get the cancellation notice...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,106 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    You should email a complaint to the BPA, that ECP hasn't called its dogs off. Copy in ECP and warn them you will sue for compensation for harassment, if they do not confirm cancellation within seven days.

aos@britishparking.co.uk
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KevlaNoDice
    • By KevlaNoDice 13th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    KevlaNoDice
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    Thanks Coupon-mad, I'm going to do that the moment I receive more aggressive bog roll

I also like the idea of charging them for the time it takes to reply... I'll make this clear, too...
    • KevlaNoDice
    • By KevlaNoDice 28th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    KevlaNoDice
    • 28th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    I have still not received a letter confirming the cancellation, but I have also not received any DRP branded loo roll... so think it has been put to rest... .thanks for all your help!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,579Users online

Martin's Twitter