Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 6th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    • 999Posts
    • 1,350Thanks
    fredandwilma
    E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme 6th Jun 17 at 7:50 AM
    Applications for the Warm Home Discount Scheme 2017/18 are now open, for those in the broader group.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

If you are a pay as you go customer:-

We’re performing scheduled maintenance to our payment systems on Tuesday 6 June from 9 pm. We aim to be 'business as usual' the next day. However we advise Smart Pay As You Go customers to check their account balance beforehand and top up their account with enough credit to last until 8pm Wednesday 7 June, in case of any delays.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Page 4
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 5th Sep 17, 9:55 AM
    • 4,994 Posts
    • 5,144 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    Just checked my account and mine's been paid in too. Much earlier than last year. Thanks Eon.
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery." Mr Wilkins Micawber in David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2017/18
    I have received my WHD payment.

Thanks for your efficiency, E.on.

British Gas have now opened their WHD scheme, too :-

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/energy/energy-saving/warm-home-discount.html
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    That's great fredandwilma. Glad you've received the payment.

We recently started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. As here, though, many will be done before this time.

Thanks for letting me know fredandwilma.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Just checked my account and mine's been paid in too. Much earlier than last year. Thanks Eon.
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley
    Pleased you, too, have received your Warm Home Discount payment for 2017/18 poppasmurf and thanks for letting me know.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 5th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    EON. Your service is brilliant. My WHD has been paid into my account. You rock.
    EON. Your service is brilliant. My WHD has been paid into my account. You rock.
    Originally posted by SpotlandRules
    Great stuff SpotlandRules. Glad you've received the payment and thanks for letting me know.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 5th Sep 17, 1:19 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    That's great fredandwilma. Glad you've received the payment.

We recently started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. As here, though, many will be done before this time.

Thanks for letting me know fredandwilma.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc

Hi Malc

I must say, I'm reluctant to switch from E.on if only for the ease of obtaining the WHD.

However, the payment is so early, I'm concerned it will be refunded as my annual statement is due and I'd rather leave it in my account for the reason it is intended.

Will E.on leave the payment in my account as it's the WHD or will they refund the whole of my balance? I've usually received it after my annual statement.

Thanks

f&w

Carpe diem
    Hi Malc

I must say, I'm reluctant to switch from E.on if only for the ease of obtaining the WHD.

However, the payment is so early, I'm concerned it will be refunded as my annual statement is due and I'd rather leave it in my account for the reason it is intended.

Will E.on leave the payment in my account as it's the WHD or will they refund the whole of my balance? I've usually received it after my annual statement.

Thanks

f&w
    Hi f&w and that's a very good point. The answer is yes. If the Warm Home Discount payment forms part of a credit balance at the annual review, it will be refunded.

Annual payment reviews take into consideration the total balance at the time. They don't look at where this balance has come from. These refunds are built into our system and are done automatically without advisor input so won't be stopped.

Totally appreciate where you're coming from. The intention of these payments is to help with winter bills and refunding early defeats this objective somewhat. The best advice I can give is to send it back to us once it's been refunded. There are several ways of doing this including with a one off Direct Debit or credit/debit card payment. You'll need to contact us to arrange a one off Direct Debit but can make card payments online through our website (all you need is your account number, post code and email address).

As our Monthly Direct Debits run for 12 months from the time they were first set up, annual reviews are spread throughout the year. I suspect, whenever Warm Home Discount payments are made, there'll be a number which coincide with annual reviews and lead to the sort of situation you find yourself in.

Sorry this is a bit messy f&w but hope it gives you an option. You know where Helena and I are if you need us. Let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 5th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Hi f&w and that's a very good point. The answer is yes. If the Warm Home Discount payment forms part of a credit balance at the annual review, it will be refunded.

Annual payment reviews take into consideration the total balance at the time. They don't look at where this balance has come from. These refunds are built into our system and are done automatically without advisor input so won't be stopped.

Totally appreciate where you're coming from. The intention of these payments is to help with winter bills and refunding early defeats this objective somewhat. The best advice I can give is to send it back to us once it's been refunded. There are several ways of doing this including with a one off Direct Debit or credit/debit card payment. You'll need to contact us to arrange a one off Direct Debit but can make card payments online through our website (all you need is your account number, post code and email address).

As our Monthly Direct Debits run for 12 months from the time they were first set up, annual reviews are spread throughout the year. I suspect, whenever Warm Home Discount payments are made, there'll be a number which coincide with annual reviews and lead to the sort of situation you find yourself in.

Sorry this is a bit messy f&w but hope it gives you an option. You know where Helena and I are if you need us. Let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Malc
    In that case, I shall have to make a complaint.......

Seriously though, my payments have been reduced to next to nothing, and i'll have a zero credit balance.

A good time to switch suppliers for most people?

My tariff is too good to switch so it just means, err, hassle on my part. My payments need to be adjusted, in any case, (hopefully, automatically then)?

It's just unfortunate timing.

Barbados, here i come.................................

Carpe diem
    E.ON Monthly Direct Debits
    In that case, I shall have to make a complaint.......

Seriously though, my payments have been reduced to next to nothing, and i'll have a zero credit balance.

A good time to switch suppliers for most people?

My tariff is too good to switch so it just means, err, hassle on my part. My payments need to be adjusted, in any case, (hopefully, automatically then)?

It's just unfortunate timing.

Barbados, here i come.................................
    Morning fredandwilma and hope I've caught you before you jet off to Barbados.

You're right, at the annual review, as well as refunding any credit balance over a fiver we also check the payments are covering usage. This is based on the meter readings we have for the previous 12 months and current prices. Any adjustments are done automatically and we'll let you know two weeks before any change is due.

I'm sure you already know this but don't forget about the Direct Debit Manager on our website. Using this, you can change the monthly payments by up to 20 per cent up or down provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Comes in handy should circumstances change. Although, as your review is about to happen, you won't be able to use this tool until it's done.

Sorry for trying to teach you how to suck eggs fredandwilma.

Malc
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Sep 17, 9:03 AM
    • 19,281 Posts
    • 88,372 Thanks
    michaels
    What website - would that be the one that was completely down yesterday and is still inaccessible for log in this morning?
    Cool heads and compromise
    E.ON Website
    What website - would that be the one that was completely down yesterday and is still inaccessible for log in this morning?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Yes, that's the one michaels. We had issues yesterday afternoon and first thing this morning but these have been sorted and it's okay to log in now if you wish.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 6th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Morning fredandwilma and hope I've caught you before you jet off to Barbados.

You're right, at the annual review, as well as refunding any credit balance over a fiver we also check the payments are covering usage. This is based on the meter readings we have for the previous 12 months and current prices. Any adjustments are done automatically and we'll let you know two weeks before any change is due.

I'm sure you already know this but don't forget about the Direct Debit Manager on our website. Using this, you can change the monthly payments by up to 20 per cent up or down provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Comes in handy should circumstances change. Although, as your review is about to happen, you won't be able to use this tool until it's done.

Sorry for trying to teach you how to suck eggs fredandwilma.

Malc
    Afternoon Malc

Yes, i already know how to suck eggs, thanks.

Nah, £140 won't pay for a trip to warmer climes, however, it will just about pay for another years electricity. It's spent on a necessity, (which is the purpose of the payment). I'm dreading an increase of 50% on electricity prices.

Can you divulge anything about this new tariff E.on are considering? From the information I've seen, it doesn't look that different from anything currently available, apart from the fact it's an online only, tariff.

f&w
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 06-09-2017 at 3:57 PM.

Carpe diem
    E.ON Tariffs
    Afternoon Malc

Yes, i already know how to suck eggs, thanks.

Nah, £140 won't pay for a trip to warmer climes, however, it will just about pay for another years electricity. It's spent on a necessity, (which is the purpose of the payment). I'm dreading an increase of 50% on electricity prices.

Can you divulge anything about this new tariff E.on are considering? From the information I've seen, it doesn't look that different from anything currently available, apart from the fact it's an online only, tariff.

f&w
    Morning f&w.

Which tariff do you mean? There's been a bit of coming and going with our tariffs over the last couple of months or so.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 7th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Morning f&w.

Which tariff do you mean? There's been a bit of coming and going with our tariffs over the last couple of months or so.

Malc
    Morning Malc.

You heard it here, first.

Online tariff feedback

Aug 31

We would like to know what you think about a new online only energy tariff that could be launching soon. Below are some details we’d like you to read before answering our questions…

This tariff would only be available via the E.ON website or via a price comparison website (e.g. MoneySuperMarket, Compare the Market, etc.)

You would need to pay your energy bills by monthly Direct Debit for the duration of this tariff

You could choose whether to manage your energy account online or not

The tariff price would be fixed for 1 year and could be up to £200 a year cheaper than E.ON’s standard variable tariff

There would be an exit fee if you left the tariff early, this could be around £30 per fuel.

What are your immediate thoughts on the tariff described above?

What do you think is the most appealing aspect of this tariff (if anything)?

Would you have any concerns about taking up this type of tariff?

Carpe diem
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 7th Sep 17, 9:41 AM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Incidentally - It's now a complete pain having to scroll through all the cap and track tariffs (3 months worth, almost daily,) to reach your own tariff when doing price comparisons.

Just thought i'd mention this.

Carpe diem
    E.ON Tariffs
    Morning Malc.

You heard it here, first.

Online tariff feedback
    Thanks for the clip fredandwilma. To be honest, I've not seen this before but I suspect we're looking for customer opinion ahead of a product review. I'm guessing, though, so I've just emailed a colleague who deals with this sort of thing to see if they know anything about it. They're in a different building miles from us or I would've walked over and asked them. I'll let you know when they come back to me.

If anything happens whilst we're not around, our website is the best place to keep an eye on new developments.

Talk later fredandwilma and thanks again.

Malc
    E.ON Cap and Track tariff
    Incidentally - It's now a complete pain having to scroll through all the cap and track tariffs (3 months worth, almost daily,) to reach your own tariff when doing price comparisons.

Just thought i'd mention this.
    Sorry about this fredandwilma. Cap and Track is re-priced daily with the date of the quote shown in the tariff name. I'm afraid this means it's likely there'll be a different price each time you look.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 7th Sep 17, 4:04 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Thanks for the clip fredandwilma. To be honest, I've not seen this before but I suspect we're looking for customer opinion ahead of a product review. I'm guessing, though, so I've just emailed a colleague who deals with this sort of thing to see if they know anything about it. They're in a different building miles from us or I would've walked over and asked them. I'll let you know when they come back to me.

If anything happens whilst we're not around, our website is the best place to keep an eye on new developments.

Talk later fredandwilma and thanks again.

Malc
    What would you do without me?

Sorry about this fredandwilma. Cap and Track is re-priced daily with the date of the quote shown in the tariff name. I'm afraid this means it's likely there'll be a different price each time you look.

Malc

Yes, i realise there is a different price everyday, which is useful if you want to 'track' the tariff, but less useful if your tariff is situated below 365+ tariffs. There's already quite a difference between the first tariff in June compared to current prices.

E.on displays so many tariffs on searches, of which a large proportion are now defunct. Streamline?

Obviously, there will be 365 Cap and Track tariffs at any one time, eventually?

Carpe diem
    E.ON Tariffs
    [QUOTE=fredandwilma;73093133]What would you do without me? [QUOTE]

I often wonder about this myself.

The colleague I mentioned yesterday has come back to me about the online tariff feedback you highlighted. It's as I suspected, we're looking for customer input ahead of a product review before releasing any new tariffs. As ever, our website is the best place to look to see what's happening.

Yes, i realise there is a different price everyday, which is useful if you want to 'track' the tariff, but less useful if your tariff is situated below 365+ tariffs. There's already quite a difference between the first tariff in June compared to current prices.

E.on displays so many tariffs on searches, of which a large proportion are now defunct. Streamline?

Obviously, there will be 365 Cap and Track tariffs at any one time, eventually?
    Know where you're coming from. I'll mention this to the people here who look after our tariffs. Not promising they'll streamline anything but doesn't do any harm to make them aware of what our customers are saying.

Have a good weekend fredandwilma. After today, I'm away for over a week but Helena will be here if anything comes up.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,774Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter