Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 6th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    • 1,059Posts
    • 1,420Thanks
    fredandwilma
    E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme 6th Jun 17 at 7:50 AM
    Applications for the Warm Home Discount Scheme 2017/18 are now open, for those in the broader group.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

If you are a pay as you go customer:-

We’re performing scheduled maintenance to our payment systems on Tuesday 6 June from 9 pm. We aim to be 'business as usual' the next day. However we advise Smart Pay As You Go customers to check their account balance beforehand and top up their account with enough credit to last until 8pm Wednesday 7 June, in case of any delays.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Page 2
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2017/18
    Confusion!

Since the details of the 2017/18 scheme has not yet been finalised is the E.ON registration an actual full registration or is it a pre-registration? If the latter when will E.ON open the scheme for full registration and then in that case will the pre-registration still count?

If it is in fact a pre-registration then there is a certain amount of misleading information being released by E.ON.

Over to you E.ON.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    My point is that the details of the 2017/18 scheme are not yet finalised. To take that a stage further E.ON cannot open full registration until the full details of the 2017/18 scheme are finalised and known.

For example the details of the 2017/18 scheme are not published on the government's WHD information page at the time of writing this:
    https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

And here's what SSE says about it:

https://www.sse.co.uk/help/accessibility/warm-home-discount

Further, OVO is only offering Pre-Registration for the 2017/18 scheme:
    https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-do-i-get-the-warm-home-discount.html

I could go on and on but I'm sure that everyone gets my drift.

If the E.ON so-called "Registration" is actually Pre-registration it could be that E.ON customers think they have actually registered when they haven't.

We need clarification on this: Is it Registration or Pre-registration and if so is that Pre-registration a full registration or is the same as just expressing an interest.
    Very long post which only gets a short reply from me: So what exactly are the details of the 2017/18 scheme? Well, from your posts it appears that only E.ON have those details. The government doesn't know it and neither does any other energy provider that I can find. From what I can see E.ON has juxtaposed the 2016/17 details which are by now out of date and allege that is the details of the 2017/18 scheme. The link you posted to the "key dates" has been available since last year.

here's that government link again:

Hello Anthorn and already some excellent advice from fredandwilma. Thanks fredandwilma.

There are two parts to the Warm Home Discount scheme. The Core and Broader Groups. To confirm, we opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme for 2017/18 on 5 June 17. Customers can now apply for the £140 payment. This will be made to all successful applicants by 31 March 18.

Previously to this, customers could pre-register their interest. We'll start to contact customers who pre-registered from next Monday, 19 June 17. These customers still need to apply and we'll send them either a paper application form or email a link to our online application form.

With the Broader Group, we identify the customers who are eligible based on their receipt of certain benefits. These conditions can change year on year and customers need to apply separately each year. Applications aren't rolled over from year to year. More details of what's needed to qualify are available on our website.

Each energy supplier involved with Warm Home Discount handles the Broader Group part in their own way and with their own time frame and conditions. Whilst I'm unable to comment on how these suppliers do this, I can say, our scheme is now fully open and able to receive applications.

Customers who qualify through the Core Group receive their payments automatically and don't need to apply. They're identified by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The DWP will contact these customers directly between September 17 and November 17 to let them know. The DWP will also tell us and, provided we supply the electricity on the qualifying date of 9 July 17, we'll sort out the payment.

Hope this explains Anthorn. Let me know if still not clear or if you need more information. Happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    I've just checked the email I received earlier this week and mine also says Eon has received my application for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount.
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley
    Sorry about this poppasmurf_bewdley. fredandwilma kindly brought this to my attention last week and I've been speaking to our Warm Home Discount team about the message on the acknowledgement emails. This is an IT error that has now been escalated to the right people to sort.

The message should read, 'we have received your Warm Home Discount application for the 2017/18 scheme' and not the previous year.

Sorry again for the confusion this message has caused.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    I must have missed that bit. Hopefully a letter will be on its way. I missed this year's WHD with OVO due to a computer error, and cannot let that happen again.

When should I receive some form of communication by post?
    Originally posted by SpotlandRules
    Hello SpotlandRules and thanks for dropping an email to our mailbox. I replied this morning.

Hope my email explains where we're at with your Warm Home Discount application. If you need any more details, drop me a line anytime. Happy to help.

Malc
    As per my first post - The E.on scheme is now open for full registration.

To be on the safe side, I would send your details to the email address in the Profile of either Malc or Helena. An account number plus a copy of the full message you received.

Bear in mind, Malc isn't usually on the forums until Tuesday, but Helena should be on the forums on Monday.

hth

f&w
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    E.on's pre registration opened many months ago.

This is now full registration in accordance with:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/warm-home-discount-whd-key-dates-2016-18

As the Scheme Year 7 is running from June 2017 - March 2018, E.on opened full application process for the WHD Scheme for those in the Broader Group, on Monday 5th June:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72656212#post72656212

From past experience, E.on always appear to be very prompt to open their WHD scheme (for the Broader Group).

When other companies state the details haven't been finalised, it means they haven't finalised their scheme, as yet. Each supplier can have slightly different eligibility criteria, according to their customer base.

See:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/social-programmes/warm-home-discount-whd

Notably:

I am in no doubt i have registered for the scheme.

If you feel E.on are being misleading, then it's your right to make a complaint about E.on.

To reiterate - The E.on WHD Scheme is open for full registration, (not pre registration).

Over to the E.on Reps.....................
    Here is this link, again - It's a very informative document and will answer all your questions:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2016/09/final_whd_supplier_guidance_sy6.pdf

Guidance is provided for suppliers - It's not an en mass roll out, (or exact science).

See -

Notably

(SY7 is WHD scheme 2017/18)

A supplier may also add additional eligibility criteria to the compulsory Broader Group criteria to who gets the discount as suppliers set their own criteria, (in line with specific customer base, as I've mentioned, before.) E.on have set their criteria for 2017/18 and opened the scheme.

Other suppliers simply haven't yet set their criteria and and / or haven't opened the scheme. This doesn’t affect you if you get the discount automatically, without having to apply.

Other information regarding the scheme, has already been mentioned by Malc, earlier in the thread.

As an aside, there is no date to indicate when the government webpage was last updated.

I can't explain any simpler than this.

hth

f&w
    Spot on fredandwilma and thanks for posting all that information. Really appreciated. As you say, we opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme to applications for 2017/18 on 5 June 17.

Hope my posts earlier today have cleared up any confusion but, if customers have any questions and want to take your advice and contact us through our mailbox, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks again fredandwilma and have a good evening.

Malc
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 13th Jun 17, 10:17 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    Very long post which only gets a short reply from me: So what exactly are the details of the 2017/18 scheme? Well, from your posts it appears that only E.ON have those details. The government doesn't know it and neither does any other energy provider that I can find. From what I can see E.ON has juxtaposed the 2016/17 details which are by now out of date and allege that is the details of the 2017/18 scheme. The link you posted to the "key dates" has been available since last year.

here's that government link again:
    It's all on the application form.

Well it was when I applied, as I had to tick the criteria I met.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 14th Jun 17, 8:14 AM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn

But how is that that only E.ON has the finalised details of the 2017/18 scheme.

Without reposting my previous posts the only new information I can add related to the information in this thread is that the whole Warm Home Discount Scheme must be administered by E.ON and other energy producers and the government are just lagging behind! Unlikely I would think.

That's right, SpotlandRules. All the details needed to qualify for our Warm Home Discount Broader Group 2017/18 scheme can be found on the application form. This is on our website or available as a paper copy if customers prefer.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 14th Jun 17, 10:01 AM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 1,420 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Because E.on is a Souper Douper energy company?

Maybe we could rephrase this to : E.on has finalised the details of their scheme, (which may be subject to approval)?

(As I've stated before, there are guidelines in place already, which are subject to approval before any rebates will be confirmed. Note - no application will be approved until your electricity supplier on the qualifying date is confirmed, in any case).
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 14-06-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Carpe diem

Without reposting my previous posts the only new information I can add related to the information in this thread is that the whole Warm Home Discount Scheme must be administered by E.ON and other energy producers and the government are just lagging behind! Unlikely I would think.
    Morning Anthorn and to add to what I said yesterday (post #21). Our 2017/18 Warm Home Discount scheme for customers who qualify under the Broader Group is now open for applications.

Eligibility and details under the Broader Group are decided separately by each individual energy supplier involved with the scheme. Each supplier has their own approach and timescale. Our scheme stands alone from other suppliers and has no impact on what they do. If they haven't already, I'm sure they'll release details of their particular schemes shortly.

Customers who fall under the Core Group receive their payments automatically. They don't have to do anything. The Government (DWP) will let us know who they are and, provided we supplied their electricity on 9 July 17, we'll sort the payment. The DWP will write to customers from September 17 to let them know.

There's more information including some useful FAQs on our website.

Hope this explains.

Malc
    Because E.on is a Souper Douper energy company?

Maybe we could rephrase this to : E.on has finalised the details of their scheme, (which may be subject to approval)?

(As I've stated before, there are guidelines in place already, which are subject to approval before any rebates will be confirmed. Note - no application will be approved until your electricity supplier on the qualifying date is confirmed, in any case).
    That's right fredandwilma. Customers applying for Warm Home Discount need to meet the set guidelines as detailed on our website.

Also, for those in the Core Group, we'll sort the discount if we supplied the electricity on 9 July 17. This applies even if the customer changes supplier. Provided we were the supplier on this date, we'll sort it. If we weren't, whoever supplied the electricity at this time will be responsible for Core payments.

For those qualifying under the Broader Group, we need to be their electricity supplier at the time the payment is made (this can be up to 31 March 18). Customers applying under the Broader Group and who change supplier before payment is made will need to re-apply to their new provider. Applications can't be transferred between suppliers.

For those moving home and qualifying under the Core Group, as long as we supplied the electricity on 9 July 17, we'll still make the payment. If qualifying under the Broader Group and moving home before payment is made, the application will be closed and customers will need to re-apply at their new address.

Hope this is of interest fredandwilma.

Malc
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 14th Jun 17, 2:13 PM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Eligibility and details under the Broader Group are decided separately by each individual energy supplier involved with the scheme. Each supplier has their own approach and timescale. Our scheme stands alone from other suppliers and has no impact on what they do. If they haven't already, I'm sure they'll release details of their particular schemes shortly.
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    So therefore the qualifying date is likely to be different from supplier to supplier and even the amount awarded could be different from supplier to supplier? And what about the criteria for eligibility across different suppliers? As you say each supplier decides it for themselves so therefore there can be no co-ordinated scheme applicable to all suppliers? In that case, a waste of time the government publishing it.

Looks like E.ON are still the only ones who know the finalised details of the 2017/18 scheme!
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 14th Jun 17, 2:49 PM
    • 6,321 Posts
    • 4,756 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    Not a waste of time Anthorn, it used to be hit and miss-match criteria across suppliers now there is an agreed standard points criteria for the Broader Group applied by and to all suppliers. The application[s] open start date for each individual supplier is still obviously determined by each suppliers internal systems.

Core Group are those pre-determined and certified by [DWP] GOV as fuel poor.

Broader Group are those who claim, via self certification to be fuel poor.

The Broader Group application to your supplier each and every year is your responsibility. You personally keep an eye on their website and apply ASP to get in the cue for first come first served money after the statutory obligation for the Core Group have been allocated.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 15th Jun 17, 6:21 AM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 1,420 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    So therefore the qualifying date is likely to be different from supplier to supplier and even the amount awarded could be different from supplier to supplier? And what about the criteria for eligibility across different suppliers? As you say each supplier decides it for themselves so therefore there can be no co-ordinated scheme applicable to all suppliers? In that case, a waste of time the government publishing it.

Looks like E.ON are still the only ones who know the finalised details of the 2017/18 scheme!
    As E.on themselves, have finalised the details of their scheme.

Other suppliers will, in due course, (I see you are not an E.on customer?).

As I've said in previous posts, within the scheme, there are compulsory benefits which a supplier must include in its eligibility criteria for Broader Group rebate payments.

I'm sorry I'm unable to help you any further, Anthorn, I've done my best and we are going round in circles with the same questions and the same replies.

Good luck if you are seeking to apply for the WHD with your own supplier. Keep an eye out for their scheme opening if you haven't pre registered, (or even if you have pre registered).

If you feel E.on have indeed been misleading, you are perfectly entitled to make a complaint about them, as I've said before, but do have another read of this 53 page document. It contains the answers to all your questions.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2016/09/final_whd_supplier_guidance_sy6.pdf

Best of luck

f&w

Carpe diem
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 15th Jun 17, 11:17 AM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn

As I've said in previous posts, within the scheme, there are compulsory benefits which a supplier must include in its eligibility criteria for Broader Group rebate payments.

I'm sorry I'm unable to help you any further, Anthorn, I've done my best and we are going round in circles with the same questions and the same replies.

Good luck if you are seeking to apply for the WHD with your own supplier. Keep an eye out for their scheme opening if you haven't pre registered, (or even if you have pre registered).

If you feel E.on have indeed been misleading, you are perfectly entitled to make a complaint about them, as I've said before, but do have another read of this 53 page document. It contains the answers to all your questions.

Best of luck

f&w
    Like the E.ON Rep and others you keep on rehashing the same information over and over as if it hasn't yet sunk into my puny brain. I already know all that. For my response just read back.

Sorry if I haven't been clear Anthorn.

There are two parts to the Warm Home Discount scheme. Core and Broader Group. The qualifying date (9 July 17) I spoke about in posts #21, #29 and #30 concerns the Core Group only. This is the same for all suppliers involved with the scheme.

For customers applying under the Broader Group, we need to be their electricity supplier at the time the payment is made (this can be up to 31 March 18).

The amount of the discount is the same regardless of whether it's in the Core or Broader Group or which supplier is making it. This year it's £140.

As Richie-from-the-Boro says, eligibility for Broader Group applicants is mainly the same across all those suppliers involved with the scheme (not all suppliers are). Although, each supplier participating can choose additional eligibility conditions if they wish.

Hope this is a bit clearer Anthorn. If you've a minute, have a look at the link fredandwilma posted (#33). Some really good information in there.

Malc
    Not a waste of time Anthorn, it used to be hit and miss-match criteria across suppliers now there is an agreed standard points criteria for the Broader Group applied by and to all suppliers. The application[s] open start date for each individual supplier is still obviously determined by each suppliers internal systems.

Core Group are those pre-determined and certified by [DWP] GOV as fuel poor.

Broader Group are those who claim, via self certification to be fuel poor.

The Broader Group application to your supplier each and every year is your responsibility. You personally keep an eye on their website and apply ASP to get in the cue for first come first served money after the statutory obligation for the Core Group have been allocated.
    Originally posted by Richie-from-the-Boro
    Spot on Richie-from-the-Boro. As above (post #2), we opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme for 2017/18 on 5 June 17. Customers can now apply to receive the payment of £140. These will be paid by 31 March 18.

As you say, we've only a certain quota for Broader Group payments and, once we've reached this number, we'll close our scheme. Broader Group applications are awarded on a first come, first served basis. It's best customers apply as early as possible as we don't know when we'll close our 2017/18 Broader Group scheme. In previous years we've closed it in November/December.

Malc

Best of luck

f&w
    Really useful link f&w. Thanks for posting it.

Malc
    Thanks Malc.

I've received confirmation of my application for the 2016/17 scheme.

Perhaps you could bring this to someones attention and i could then receive confirmation for the 2017/18 scheme?

It's not something i want to leave to chance.

Thanks

f&w
    I've just checked the email I received earlier this week and mine also says Eon has received my application for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount.
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley
    From what I can see E.ON has juxtaposed the 2016/17 details which are by now out of date and allege that is the details of the 2017/18 scheme. The link you posted to the "key dates" has been available since last year.
    Afternoon all and just a quick update about the issue we had recently with the wrong year being shown on the emails we sent acknowledging receipt of an application for the 2017/18 Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme.

Our IT guys have fixed this mistake. Emails received by customers after 9 June 17 will have the right year on - 2017/18.

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    • 2,274 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Have you guys read any of Anthorn's other posts? Just sayin'...
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 17th Jun 17, 8:53 AM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Afternoon all and just a quick update about the issue we had recently with the wrong year being shown on the emails we sent acknowledging receipt of an application for the 2017/18 Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme.

Our IT guys have fixed this mistake. Emails received by customers after 9 June 17 will have the right year on - 2017/18.

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    LOL But what else has E.ON got wrong? And if the total amount of WHD increases when details are finalised will E.ON customers get the new amount or the old amount (£140) they applied for. Lastly, since the WHD for the broader group is finite will E.ON be the first to close applying because they were the first to open it? All questions which need answers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

386Posts Today

5,019Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin