Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 6th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    • 1,069Posts
    • 1,425Thanks
    fredandwilma
    E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme 6th Jun 17 at 7:50 AM
    Applications for the Warm Home Discount Scheme 2017/18 are now open, for those in the broader group.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

If you are a pay as you go customer:-

We’re performing scheduled maintenance to our payment systems on Tuesday 6 June from 9 pm. We aim to be 'business as usual' the next day. However we advise Smart Pay As You Go customers to check their account balance beforehand and top up their account with enough credit to last until 8pm Wednesday 7 June, in case of any delays.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Page 1
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:09 AM
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2017/18
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:09 AM
    Applications for the Warm Home Discount Scheme 2017/18 are now open, for those in the broader group.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

If you are a pay as you go customer:-
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    Morning fredandwilma and hope you're well.

Spot on. We opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme for 2017/18 yesterday. Customers can now apply for this to receive payment by 31 March 18.

From Monday 19 June 17, we'll start to contact customers who have already registered their interest. We'll send them either a paper application form or email a link to the online application form you've posted a link to above. Thanks for that.

The discount is the same as last year (£140).

There's more information about the scheme including some FAQs on our website. On the same page, there are details of other ways we try to help vulnerable customers.

I'll update this thread with anything relevant as the scheme unfolds over the next few months. Hope this is useful.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 7th Jun 17, 11:52 AM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 7th Jun 17, 11:52 AM
    • 7th Jun 17, 11:52 AM
    Thanks Malc.

I've received confirmation of my application for the 2016/17 scheme.

Good news!

We have received your Warm Home Discount application for 2016/17 scheme.
    Perhaps you could bring this to someones attention and i could then receive confirmation for the 2017/18 scheme?

It's not something i want to leave to chance.

Thanks

f&w

Carpe diem
    • 7th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    Thanks Malc.

I've received confirmation of my application for the 2016/17 scheme.

Perhaps you could bring this to someones attention and i could then receive confirmation for the 2017/18 scheme?

It's not something i want to leave to chance.

Thanks

f&w
    Hello fredandwilma.

Did you receive this message after you applied for this year's scheme through the link you posted yesterday? If so, I have to say, that's a bit poor on our part.

If this is the case, would you be good enough to send details to the email address in my Profile please? Your account number plus a copy of the full message you received would be great. Happy to take this up.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 7th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 7th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    Thanks, have just applied.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 7th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 7th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    Hello fredandwilma.

Did you receive this message after you applied for this year's scheme through the link you posted yesterday? If so, I have to say, that's a bit poor on our part.

Yes i did, and i agree it's a bit poor on your part

If this is the case, would you be good enough to send details to the email address in my Profile please? Your account number plus a copy of the full message you received would be great. Happy to take this up.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc

A copy of the email and account number, forwarded to you.

Look forward to (prompt) resolution?

Thanks Malc

Carpe diem
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:34 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:34 AM
    Thanks, have just applied.
    Originally posted by SpotlandRules
    That's great SpotlandRules. Hope you're successful.

Malc
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:36 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:36 AM
    A copy of the email and account number, forwarded to you.

Look forward to (prompt) resolution?

Thanks Malc
    Thanks fredandwilma. I've received your email and just replied.

Malc
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 8th Jun 17, 10:57 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:57 AM
    • 8th Jun 17, 10:57 AM
    Can I ask, was I supposed to receive a confirmation email that I have applied and you have received my application?
    Can I ask, was I supposed to receive a confirmation email that I have applied and you have received my application?
    Hello SpotlandRules and, yes, if you've opted for email contact, you'll receive an email acknowledging your application. This usually goes out within 24-48 hours of applying.

If you haven't opted for email contact, you'll receive a letter instead.

Hope this helps.

Malc
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 8th Jun 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    That was pretty prompt apart from the fact you clocked off early yesterday, Malc? (and i wasn't available this morning).

All resolved now and many thanks for your help, Malc (and all those at E.on).

I personally, think you offer an unique, personalised customer service, unrivalled by any other company i can think of and i hope E.on values its employees.

I don't think anyone would expect any company to be absolutely perfect?

Carpe diem
    That was pretty prompt apart from the fact you clocked off early yesterday, Malc? (and i wasn't available this morning).

All resolved now and many thanks for your help, Malc (and all those at E.on).

I personally, think you offer an unique, personalised customer service, unrivalled by any other company i can think of and i hope E.on values its employees.

I don't think anyone would expect any company to be absolutely perfect?
    Many thanks for the kind words fredandwilma. Really appreciated by both Helena and I.

Happy I could help and that my colleagues were able to sort this.

Malc

PS/ You're right, I wasn't on the Forums during the latter part of yesterday. Need to have words with the bosses about this.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 9th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Confusion!

Since the details of the 2017/18 scheme has not yet been finalised is the E.ON registration an actual full registration or is it a pre-registration? If the latter when will E.ON open the scheme for full registration and then in that case will the pre-registration still count?

If it is in fact a pre-registration then there is a certain amount of misleading information being released by E.ON.

Over to you E.ON.
    Last edited by Anthorn; 09-06-2017 at 5:48 PM.
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 9th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 5,194 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    Hello SpotlandRules and, yes, if you've opted for email contact, you'll receive an email acknowledging your application. This usually goes out within 24-48 hours of applying.

Hope this helps.

Malc
    I've just checked the email I received earlier this week and mine also says Eon has received my application for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount.
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery." Mr Wilkins Micawber in David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 10th Jun 17, 12:53 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    SpotlandRules

Hope this helps.

Malc
    I must have missed that bit. Hopefully a letter will be on its way. I missed this year's WHD with OVO due to a computer error, and cannot let that happen again.

When should I receive some form of communication by post?
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 10th Jun 17, 6:06 AM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Confusion!

Since the details of the 2017/18 scheme has not yet been finalised is the E.ON registration an actual full registration or is it a pre-registration? If the latter when will E.ON open the scheme for full registration and then in that case will the pre-registration still count?

If it is in fact a pre-registration then there is a certain amount of misleading information being released by E.ON.

Over to you E.ON.
    Originally posted by Anthorn

As per my first post - The E.on scheme is now open for full registration.

I've just checked the email I received earlier this week and mine also says Eon has received my application for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount.
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley
    I must have missed that bit. Hopefully a letter will be on its way. I missed this year's WHD with OVO due to a computer error, and cannot let that happen again.

When should I receive some form of communication by post?

To be on the safe side, I would send your details to the email address in the Profile of either Malc or Helena. An account number plus a copy of the full message you received.

Bear in mind, Malc isn't usually on the forums until Tuesday, but Helena should be on the forums on Monday.

hth

f&w

Carpe diem
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 10th Jun 17, 8:52 AM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    As per my first post - The E.on scheme is now open for full registration.
    My point is that the details of the 2017/18 scheme are not yet finalised. To take that a stage further E.ON cannot open full registration until the full details of the 2017/18 scheme are finalised and known.

For example the details of the 2017/18 scheme are not published on the government's WHD information page at the time of writing this:
    https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

And here's what SSE says about it:
    Details of the 2017/18 Warm Home Discount Scheme aren’t yet finalised but in the meantime you can note your interest in the scheme
    https://www.sse.co.uk/help/accessibility/warm-home-discount

Further, OVO is only offering Pre-Registration for the 2017/18 scheme:
    https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-do-i-get-the-warm-home-discount.html

I could go on and on but I'm sure that everyone gets my drift.

If the E.ON so-called "Registration" is actually Pre-registration it could be that E.ON customers think they have actually registered when they haven't.

We need clarification on this: Is it Registration or Pre-registration and if so is that Pre-registration a full registration or is the same as just expressing an interest.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 10th Jun 17, 9:20 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    My point is that the details of the 2017/18 scheme are not yet finalised. To take that a stage further E.ON cannot open full registration until the full details of the 2017/18 scheme are finalised and known.

For example the details of the 2017/18 scheme are not published on the government's WHD information page at the time of writing this:

And here's what SSE says about it:

https://www.sse.co.uk/help/accessibility/warm-home-discount

Further, OVO is only offering Pre-Registration for the 2017/18 scheme:
    https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-do-i-get-the-warm-home-discount.html

I could go on and on but I'm sure that everyone gets my drift.

If the E.ON so-called "Registration" is actually Pre-registration it could be that E.ON customers think they have actually registered when they haven't.

We need clarification on this: Is it Registration or Pre-registration and if so is that Pre-registration a full registration or is the same as just expressing an interest.

E.on's pre registration opened many months ago.

This is now full registration in accordance with:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/warm-home-discount-whd-key-dates-2016-18

As the Scheme Year 7 is running from June 2017 - March 2018, E.on opened full application process for the WHD Scheme for those in the Broader Group, on Monday 5th June:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72656212#post72656212

From past experience, E.on always appear to be very prompt to open their WHD scheme (for the Broader Group).

When other companies state the details haven't been finalised, it means they haven't finalised their scheme, as yet. Each supplier can have slightly different eligibility criteria, according to their customer base.

See:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/social-programmes/warm-home-discount-whd

Notably:

Obligated suppliers must provide rebates to a wider group of customers who are in or at risk of fuel poverty. They have some discretion to vary the eligibility criteria to address their specific customer base, however the support must be directed at those in or at risk of fuel poverty.
    I am in no doubt i have registered for the scheme.

If you feel E.on are being misleading, then it's your right to make a complaint about E.on.

To reiterate - The E.on WHD Scheme is open for full registration, (not pre registration).

Over to the E.on Reps.....................
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 11-06-2017 at 7:29 AM.

Carpe diem
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 12th Jun 17, 12:59 PM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    E.on's pre registration opened many months ago.

This is now full registration in accordance with:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/warm-home-discount-whd-key-dates-2016-18

As the Scheme Year 7 is running from June 2017 - March 2018, E.on opened full application process for the WHD Scheme for those in the Broader Group, on Monday 5th June:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72656212#post72656212

From past experience, E.on always appear to be very prompt to open their WHD scheme (for the Broader Group).

When other companies state the details haven't been finalised, it means they haven't finalised their scheme, as yet. Each supplier can have slightly different eligibility criteria, according to their customer base.

See:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/social-programmes/warm-home-discount-whd

Notably:

I am in no doubt i have registered for the scheme.

If you feel E.on are being misleading, then it's your right to make a complaint about E.on.

To reiterate - The E.on WHD Scheme is open for full registration, (not pre registration).

Over to the E.on Reps.....................
    Very long post which only gets a short reply from me: So what exactly are the details of the 2017/18 scheme? Well, from your posts it appears that only E.ON have those details. The government doesn't know it and neither does any other energy provider that I can find. From what I can see E.ON has juxtaposed the 2016/17 details which are by now out of date and allege that is the details of the 2017/18 scheme. The link you posted to the "key dates" has been available since last year.

here's that government link again:
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 12th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Very long post which only gets a short reply from me: So what exactly are the details of the 2017/18 scheme? Well, from your posts it appears that only E.ON have those details. The government doesn't know it and neither does any other energy provider that I can find. From what I can see E.ON has juxtaposed the 2016/17 details which are by now out of date and allege that is the details of the 2017/18 scheme. The link you posted to the "key dates" has been available since last year.

here's that government link again:
    Here is this link, again - It's a very informative document and will answer all your questions:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2016/09/final_whd_supplier_guidance_sy6.pdf

Guidance is provided for suppliers - It's not an en mass roll out, (or exact science).

See -

5.4. Table 3 lists compulsory benefits which a supplier must include in its eligibility criteria for Broader Group rebate payments. Suppliers can also choose additional eligibility criteria to target customers in fuel poverty or in a fuel poverty risk group.

Notably

5.9. For SY7, a supplier may “open” its Broader Group schemes before it has approval.
    However, suppliers should not pay any rebates until we confirm our approval following the notification process outlined in paragraphs 5.23 to 5.27.
    (SY7 is WHD scheme 2017/18)

A supplier may also add additional eligibility criteria to the compulsory Broader Group criteria to who gets the discount as suppliers set their own criteria, (in line with specific customer base, as I've mentioned, before.) E.on have set their criteria for 2017/18 and opened the scheme.

Other suppliers simply haven't yet set their criteria and and / or haven't opened the scheme. This doesn’t affect you if you get the discount automatically, without having to apply.

Other information regarding the scheme, has already been mentioned by Malc, earlier in the thread.

As an aside, there is no date to indicate when the government webpage was last updated.

I can't explain any simpler than this.

hth

f&w
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 13-06-2017 at 7:12 AM.

Carpe diem
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,998Users online

Martin's Twitter