Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bagby
    • By bagby 5th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    • 760Posts
    • 425Thanks
    bagby
    iPhone 6 always searching?
    • 5th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    iPhone 6 always searching? 5th Jun 17 at 10:18 PM
    Bought a refurb eight months ago from giffgaff. I iPhone constantly searching and cannot be used to phone text or use data unless in a wifi area. Read up on this and tried to restore but this has not solved the problem. The next step will be to do a dfu restore but if this does not work then the phone will be useless and cannot be restored. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance .
Page 1
    • d123
    • By d123 5th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    • 6,288 Posts
    • 4,058 Thanks
    d123
    • 5th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    Bought a refurb eight months ago from giffgaff. I iPhone constantly searching and cannot be used to phone text or use data unless in a wifi area. Read up on this and tried to restore but this has not solved the problem. The next step will be to do a dfu restore but if this does not work then the phone will be useless and cannot be restored. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance .
    Originally posted by bagby
    Take it into an Apple Store and let them run diagnostics on it.

Might also be worth running a Checkmend check on it, 99p on eBay to do, there is a small possibility that it's been blacklisted by accident.
    Dave
    ====
    • bagby
    • By bagby 5th Jun 17, 11:02 PM
    • 760 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    bagby
    • 5th Jun 17, 11:02 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 11:02 PM
    Been speaking to someone on giffgaff and I don't know what is I've done but the phone has come back on after eight days. Thank you for your help.
    • d123
    • By d123 5th Jun 17, 11:49 PM
    • 6,288 Posts
    • 4,058 Thanks
    d123
    • 5th Jun 17, 11:49 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 11:49 PM
    Been speaking to someone on giffgaff and I don't know what is I've done but the phone has come back on after eight days. Thank you for your help.
    Originally posted by bagby
    Good, at least you’re sorted.
    Dave
    ====
    • anajames
    • By anajames 8th Jun 17, 2:18 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    anajames
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:18 PM
    • 8th Jun 17, 2:18 PM
    Congratulations then. Hope it works fine ahead too.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 9th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    • 7,242 Posts
    • 5,219 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    It's not an unusual problem with iphones, they don't cope well with network changes sometimes. An easy and effective fix for any phone with this issue is to go into settings and turn automatic network selection off, then do a manua network search and select your network
    Last edited by pmduk; 10-06-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    • willsmith11
    • By willsmith11 9th Jun 17, 2:47 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    willsmith11
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:47 PM
    Get Repair iPhone 6S Plus Service | iDoctor Belgium
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:47 PM
    Hello, can you explain clearly what type of searching? Anything related to signal, internet connection or something else. If your iPhone is always searching for signal then you can switch off your phone and insert the SIM card again. Now check if it works, or you can contact with your network operator.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,552Posts Today

7,934Users online

Martin's Twitter