Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Johntea
    • By Johntea 5th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 1,087Posts
    • 303Thanks
    Johntea
    19 WOW
    Where to go to just get away and relax for 3-5 days alone?
    • 5th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    19 WOW
    Where to go to just get away and relax for 3-5 days alone? 5th Jun 17 at 5:46 PM
    I have the whole of next week off work (Woohoo!) and it also happens to coincide with my 29th birthday.

Apart from the usual meet a few friends for drinks, visit family I have most of the week to myself and was thinking about having a short 3-5 day break somewhere just to relax, have a few beers, visit a couple of local landmarks, sit by the pool, that sort of idea.

Any suggestions as to where to go either in the UK or, as I have in my head at the moment, Europe? Not looking at a huge budget, £300 - £500 maybe? Travelling from around the Yorkshire area so Leeds / Manchester, I don't have a car / driving license either so that probably rules quite a few options out.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2017 at 2:08 PM.
Page 2
    • Lincoln Imp
    • By Lincoln Imp 7th Jun 17, 7:35 PM
    • 2,330 Posts
    • 4,099 Thanks
    Lincoln Imp
    Been mentioned but what about Palma Majorca
    You could stop in Can Pastilla which is 5 mins in a taxi from the airport and a 10 min bus ride into Palma for some very nice sight seeing etc
    Have a nice day
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 14th Jun 17, 5:38 AM
    • 6,233 Posts
    • 3,937 Thanks
    Ken68
    Go walking in the Lake District. Get lost on purpose. Experience bad weather. Earn that drink in the pub later.
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 14th Jun 17, 6:29 AM
    • 3,378 Posts
    • 6,305 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Come on then OP, tell us where you decided to go ! Are you there now ?
    • Johntea
    • By Johntea 14th Jun 17, 11:11 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    Johntea
    Some family stuff came up in the end meaning my holiday has ended up in...Huddersfield

But I'm going to book another week off in a few months and plan it a bit better hopefully
    • Ryanfuego
    • By Ryanfuego 15th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Ryanfuego
    Try eastern Europe, like Georgia. Been there several times, people are very hospitable and food just amazing. You wish mountains? You are in mountains, wish to go and swim, after 2 3 hours ure in black sea. There is a lot to see definitely.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,765Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter