Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • topsy73
    • By topsy73 5th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    • 553Posts
    • 5,562Thanks
    topsy73
    Firefox Issues
    • 5th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    Firefox Issues 5th Jun 17 at 5:30 PM
    Hi

is anyone having issues with Firefox? It is dreadfully slow. Keeps jamming and often not loading for ages on bookmarked tabs. Don't think it is a computer issues as have tried out internet explorer and everything working really fast. Any advice or help would be appreciated
    Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!
Page 1
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 5th Jun 17, 6:46 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 4,347 Thanks
    AprilLady
    • 5th Jun 17, 6:46 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 6:46 PM
    Yes! The last few weeks it's been freezing a lot after it's been open for a while and I have to force close it and start again. I've been trying to work out if it was actually Firefox or something else on my computer, but I think it must be FF. Sorry I can't offer any help but I'll let you know if I get it fixed!
    • topsy73
    • By topsy73 5th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 5,562 Thanks
    topsy73
    • 5th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    Yes! The last few weeks it's been freezing a lot after it's been open for a while and I have to force close it and start again. I've been trying to work out if it was actually Firefox or something else on my computer, but I think it must be FF. Sorry I can't offer any help but I'll let you know if I get it fixed!
    Originally posted by AprilLady
    I had a change of computer this past week and was thinking it was the computer but had a play with other internet providers and it is only Firefox playing up. Gutted as all my bookmarks are in there...looking like I will have to change
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 5th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 2,035 Posts
    • 36,424 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    • 5th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    I had a change of computer this past week and was thinking it was the computer but had a play with other internet providers and it is only Firefox playing up. Gutted as all my bookmarks are in there...looking like I will have to change
    Originally posted by topsy73
    You can export your bookmarks from Firefox and then import them into Internet Explorer or Chrome etc. only takes a few minutes
    • topsy73
    • By topsy73 6th Jun 17, 7:21 AM
    • 553 Posts
    • 5,562 Thanks
    topsy73
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:21 AM
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:21 AM
    You can export your bookmarks from Firefox and then import them into Internet Explorer or Chrome etc. only takes a few minutes
    Originally posted by 2013yearofthehouse
    Thanks for this info - I have now done this ( I think- although the passwords do not appear to have synced) my next question is....what is the best autofill for Chrome?
    • IDeamOfFairies
    • By IDeamOfFairies 9th Jun 17, 11:26 AM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 47,257 Thanks
    IDeamOfFairies
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:26 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:26 AM
    Change to "Firefox ESR" it will resolve the issues
    Yes, I know there is no "R" in the word dream in my username - it was setup in memory of my grandson
    • emily131
    • By emily131 9th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 3,159 Thanks
    emily131
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    what is the best autofill for Chrome?
    Originally posted by topsy73
    I use the LastPass extension for Chrome and have found it good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,998Posts Today

6,175Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Regardless of party, a little bit (the naughty bit) of me wonders aren't we always better off if they can't get thru all their plans! #bbcqt

• RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Follow Martin