Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • George19762
    • By George19762 5th Jun 17, 4:09 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 5Thanks
    George19762
    Asda/Parking Eye
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:09 PM
    Asda/Parking Eye 5th Jun 17 at 4:09 PM
    Hey guys
    I am looking for advice on whether to pay the discounted bribe or not with these guys.
    Right before Easter my car had a windscreen ticket because there was no ticket when parked in that Asda. The parking machine right next to the door wasn't working.
    There was an online appeal made exactly when It should have been made, but forgot to put the personal details at the end of the appeal letter.
    Now I have a NTK by post and, because there are no pictures and have no receipts whatsoever I am thinking if I should pay the discounted price?
    I am going to attach the NTK, interesting what it says at the end about Parking Eye vs Beaver case.
    Thank you
    Unfortunately I cannot attach a scan of the ntk.
    Last edited by George19762; 06-06-2017 at 7:45 PM. Reason: details
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper and Occupants of the car.

Send the BPA template in blue you will find in the Sticky thread for NEWBIES. If/when this is rejected, read up on how to beat this at PoPLA, as explained in the NEWBIES.

What happened when you complained to the store manager?

You will notice I have given your comment about paying a stiff ignoring.

Please give us the date of the alleged event and the date the keeper received the NTK.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    if you have an NTK then use the blue text template from the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of this forum, appeal on their website and choose KEEPER (or RK)

do not reveal who was driving

and complain to ASDA head office online and demand a cancellation, showing proof of patronage with receipts or redacted bank statements

PE do take people to court, so you need to get this cancelled asap

and edit post #1 so there is no hint of who was driving, dont make it easy for them
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • keepitlegal
    • By keepitlegal 5th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    keepitlegal
    • 5th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    Asda CEO email address sean.clarke@asda.co.uk
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jun 17, 8:15 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Jun 17, 8:15 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 8:15 PM
    I have appealed as registered keeper exactly when I should have, but forgot to put my details at the end of the appeal letter
    You sent PE a LETTER, by post?

No-one does that...online appeal is so easy and permanent. They lose letters. That was pointless and not as advised.

Now I have a NTK by post
    And...breathe...it is a non-POFA one, isn't it?

Think about the dates. You had that rare thing, a ParkingEye windscreen PCN before Easter, and they simply don't get it right as regards a NTK in the post following any windscreen PCN (they are not geared up for that). They are quite possibly too late (served outside of day 56).

Why you are thinking of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory by paying a PE windscreen PCN case, I have no idea! Come on, revisit the dates, check the POFA Schedule 4 para 8 (as linked in the NEWBIES thread). Check the postal NTK wording.

Please give us the date of the alleged event and the date the keeper received the NTK.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Spot on.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 05-06-2017 at 8:17 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• George19762
    • By George19762 6th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    George19762
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    Hello
    Just to clarify a few things, sorry about the misunderstanding. The windscreen ticket is dated 15/04/2017, NTK was received on 2/06/2017.
    The first appeal was made online on their website, it would be helpful if I could attach the scanned NTK, any way I can do it?
    There are no receipts to be shown and I am not admitting defeat, was just trying to see if I have any chance going forward with it.
    The NTK says discounted price until 10/06/2017 and full price to be paid until 24/06/2017.
    At the bottom of the ntk there is a paragraph that says the supreme court overruled the decision on the Beaver case, maybe this is of interest to someone.
    Thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jun 17, 11:10 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jun 17, 11:10 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 11:10 PM
    Beaver case, LOL, you mean the Beavis case and some of the posters here were involved. We know about that case.

Anyway, does the NTK reference the POFA 2012 on the front or back? You still haven't said if it's a POFA one (in wording).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• George19762
    • By George19762 7th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    George19762
    • 7th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    Beaver lol, I guess in my mind sounded funnier than Beavis and Butthead )
    Pofa wording is on the front mentioning paragraph 8;2;b section 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    What?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

How about the warning in 8(2)(f) about keeper liability?

• George19762
    • By George19762 8th Jun 17, 6:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    George19762
    Hey Coupon-Mad

My previous post should have said paragraph 8(2)(b) schedule4.
    There is also the wording from paragraph 8(2)(f) schedule 4 which they say that if after 29 days it remains unpaid or they don't know the name of the driver, Parking Eye has the right to recover the amount from the keeper.
    • George19762
    • By George19762 9th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    George19762
    Thanks for all the advice guys, got it cancelled by Asda's team.
    Good weekend to everyone.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jun 17, 7:39 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Thanks for all the advice guys, got it cancelled by Asda's team.
    Good weekend to everyone.
    Originally posted by George19762
    Great news - but don't be too grateful to Asda, whose 'TEAM' of suits in top Management, stupidly decided to let PE loose in their car parks. Awful decision. Supermarkets should hang their heads in shame about their customers being harassed & sued.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    • 14,576 Posts
    • 22,932 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    but don't be too grateful to Asda, whose 'TEAM' of suits in top Management, stupidly decided to let PE loose in their car parks. Awful decision. Supermarkets should hang their heads in shame about their customers being harassed & sued.
    Kicked out Smart Parking - a relative puppy dog - presumably because they had too many complaints, then brought in a Rottweiler in the shape of PE.

Now I'm back in the country, my local Asda is only short of tumbleweed in comparison to when I flew out, shortly after PE were engaged. Have already witnessed a customer/manager/PE attendant (rare employee) interchange over a spuriously issued ticket. Was getting close to violence (hard to argue with a ~25 stone brute!).

Manager keen to cancel, PE warden pretty compliant once his family was mentioned as likely to have a 'visit'. Almost felt sorry for him - until I heard the usual platitude 'I agree, I've issued it incorrectly, but it's gone through now, but just appeal and it will be cancelled'.

I took the manager to one side, explained my 'interest' in this stuff, and told him what the PE attendant said was just a fob-off line and he would need to cancel this, or face a further visit from 'Giant Haystacks'! He said he would, as he knew the score, and had the facility on his computer to cancel this.

Whether that was a fob-off line for me is open to debate, but it was as much as I could do at the time. Maybe he will, because I'm sure as hell he won't welcome a return visit from the (burger-fuelled) Giant!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

691Posts Today

5,957Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin