Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shiwen55
    • By shiwen55 5th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 1Thanks
    shiwen55
    credit card BT, advise needed
    • 5th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    credit card BT, advise needed 5th Jun 17 at 1:42 PM
    Hi,

To cut the story short, I have used my mom's credit and paying it back (my credit is getting better now). I have just received a BT offer card from Tesco, okay.

One of my mom's card, BOS, is on BT offer until Sep 2019 - I have transferred some of my debt to her TSB for 15 months free interest BT.

Now, my plan is to reduce as much as TSB and keep paying BOS. Dec 2018, I will have a clean credit file so by Sep 2019, I can definitely apply for another BT card and transfer BOS and whatsoever is left.

Or, I can pay as much as I can towards BOS and shuffle between TSB and my Halifax. (TSB 15 months, Halifax 9 months - until cleared)

What do you think? Do you have any advise?

Thanks,

shiwen55
    Last edited by shiwen55; 05-06-2017 at 1:46 PM.
Page 1
    • shiwen55
    • By shiwen55 19th Jun 17, 1:33 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    shiwen55
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:33 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:33 PM
    Update:

BT BoS and planning to shuffle between TSB and Halifax

shiwen55
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 19th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 1,667 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    Can you do balance transfers between Halifax and BOS cards? I didn't think it was possible:

https://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/creditcards/forms/balance_transfer/faqs.asp

http://static.halifax.co.uk/assets/pdf/creditcards/pdf/balance-transfer-important-info.pdf
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • shiwen55
    • By shiwen55 19th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    shiwen55
    • 19th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    Thanks for pointing this out

I used my instincts so !!

shiwen55
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

384Posts Today

3,645Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin