Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Castle Rock
    • By Castle Rock 4th Jun 17, 9:17 PM
    • 199Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Castle Rock
    I think ive been ripped off!
    • 4th Jun 17, 9:17 PM
    I think ive been ripped off! 4th Jun 17 at 9:17 PM
    Hopefully someone can help me!

I purchased some fred perry shoes from this website 3 weeks ago -
    http://www.hbng.co.uk

I havent had delivery of them yet. On the email it said that the bill was £68.64 however on my bank statement i have been charged -

£75.05 CTBILL Maxshopping
    £ 2.24 International debit card transaction fee
    £ 1.00 International debit card purchase fee

In the meantime I have received a delivery of a completely different pair of shoes. On the address label they have come from China.
    Jiang Wen
    Yuneng International Digital Plaza
    Guangdong
    China

Ive emailed the company but i still havent received a response.
Page 5
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 3rd Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 9,641 Posts
    • 7,633 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    And don't go to a nail bar expecting they will have a good selection of 3 inch masonry nails
    • Sicard
    • By Sicard 4th Sep 17, 8:08 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    Sicard
    And don't visit a consumer support site and expect to get support.
    A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
    Baltasar Gracian
    • kjjs
    • By kjjs 4th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kjjs
    Update: this morning I received an email from 'customerservice10108@gmail.com'
    It states:
    Dear customer,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    It maybe a mistake from our staff. Please send us a photo of the wrong product for us to check.
    Thank you very much!
    Best regards!
    I sent them a photo of the cheap cloth shoes I received. Though I know it will do no good and that the email is part of the scam.

I hope someone manages to nail these theiving a-holes.
    • stavokuer
    • By stavokuer 7th Sep 17, 9:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    stavokuer
    I have had a similar problem
    I ordered some nike shorts from nikeshoesstep.com/

I received no confirmation email which was suspicious.

Then my account was charged under the name of RZ DOEGECH TRADE

A few weeks later I received some unbranded shorts (clearly not of very much quality) completely unrelated to the specific nike ones I had ordered.

I have subsequently been on their website and used the 'contact us' section to send them multiple messages outlining the problem. I've heard nothing back.

It is undoubtedly a scam so I urge nobody to use this website.

Is there anything I can do to get my money back?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Sep 17, 7:42 AM
    • 29,968 Posts
    • 18,978 Thanks
    DCFC79

A few weeks later I received some unbranded shorts (clearly not of very much quality) completely unrelated to the specific nike ones I had ordered.

I have subsequently been on their website and used the 'contact us' section to send them multiple messages outlining the problem. I've heard nothing back.

Originally posted by stavokuer
    When did you contact them ? Yesterday then give them a chance to reply.

How did you pay ?

Did you think nikeshowstep was the official website ?

Dont worry I and I imagine alot of people will use the known websites eg the Nike website, Deichmann(spelling), Schuh, Zalando, the dreaded sportsdirect and others.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 8th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    • 4,537 Posts
    • 27,330 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Fools

Money
    Watching the trail
    of cheap supermarket bags filled with a lfe gone by
    • kjjs
    • By kjjs 11th Sep 17, 6:41 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kjjs

You've been scammed by the same people who scammed me. The same name appears on my credit card statement (see my earlier post). Even if you hear back from them saying they are looking into it, it will be part of the scam. I've had three generic replies which ignore my demands for a refund. It's a time wasting delay tactic.

You need to inform your bank about what has happened, cancel your credit card and request a replacement. Then inform Action Fraud. There's very little chance of us getting our money back but it might help stop these thieving Chinese scammers.
    • kjjs
    • By kjjs 17th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kjjs
    Quick update. My bank have reviewed my case and agreed it looks like fraud. Accordingly they have credited my account with the £72 I lost. So a happy resolution and a lesson for me to be more cautious online in future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,893Posts Today

3,889Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin