Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 4th Jun 17, 9:02 AM
    • 255Posts
    • 980Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    On a Mission
    • 4th Jun 17, 9:02 AM
    On a Mission 4th Jun 17 at 9:02 AM
    So this is me holding myself accountable, publicly, albeit anonymously, for my spending.

To be fair I'm not so bad, sort of, ish.

DH on the other hand has issues!!

Why am I doing a Diary? Well it all came to a head when DH spent his entire wage (£1500) within a week of being paid. Of course a portion of this went to bills etc. But equally a lot was wasted on games for his playstation.

It's frustrating because between us we bring in over £3k a month and literally have nothing at the end of it. I'm sick of it.

So I've took on this challenge. I will do my utmost to rein DH in and fully intend to get us out of this debt.

My intention is to tackle the different debt one at time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to list our current debt.... GULP

Outstanding on Mortgage - £84451
    Credit Card 1 - £2803.37 - interest free for 2 yrs
    Credit Card 2 - £1490 - interest free for 2 yrs
    Hitachi finance (for new Boiler) £3093 (includes interest)
    Littlewoods £518 (includes interest)
    Next £444
    Newlook (DH has no idea about this eeek) £130
    Loan 1 - £10865
    Loan 2 - £5964
    My overdraft currently stands at £150
    Dh's overdraft £700

DH got a loan out last October - not sure what is outstanding on that so I'll have to update on that later.
    I do know that it's £155.12 a month payment.

DH also has finance on a bicycle - again I need to get the outstanding on that
    Finance for a new TV - he got this against my advice - total amount was £899 - obtained earlier this yr - need the outstanding

AND - he's recently took up a hobby that's resulted in the purchase, finance, for some items - again need to total figure on that one.

See - he likes to buy things

Without knowing DH's total outstanding I've totted up known figures.
    So including the mortgage we owe at least £110,608.37

I also have a student loan that's £150 out of my wage every month. I believe I'm due my yearly statement this month so I can see what is outstanding hopefully. With 2 lots of Mat leave in the last 5 years it's taken longer to pay off. I'm hoping that I'm nearing the end though as that would be a huge help once gone.

I do have some good habits!

I overpay on our Mortgage. I think it's a monthly overpayment of around £120. I'll have to double check. Been doing that for years although previously the overpayments were more I the region of £75.

I think initially I will concentrate efforts on overpaying the Hitachi finance and the Littlewoods account. Luckily with the Littlewoods account that is a buy now pay later (expires Jan) and I'm well on course to pay that off in time.

With the Hitachi finance I currently pay just under £72 a month. I was the shittiest deal ever. However, it was Dec 2012. Our ancient boiler died. I was on mat leave. We needed a new boiler and in desperation took up the worst ever deal from British Gas. Ugh - shameful. I then just let it run it's course. I don't have figures at hand but I believe it was an 8 year deal and a disgusting interest rate.
    I logged into the account yesterday and found that it ends in Dec 2020. If I make just £18 a month overpayment it could end in Jan 2020!! I'm unbelievable peeved at myself for not concentrating on getting rid of this sooner. So that is my main goal!

I aim to update at least once a week.

By for now
    Last edited by Mummy_bear; 04-06-2017 at 9:05 AM.
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £37139.86
    £5932.55/£37139.86 15.97% paid
    Estimated DFD JUNE 2020 (calculated July 2017)
    Debt Free by Christmas Challenge
    Total cleared £3362.89/£9091.72 36.98% paid
Page 11
    • TheMoonandBack
    • By TheMoonandBack 29th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    TheMoonandBack
    Hi Mummy_bear, just read all 10 pages of your diary and wanted to say I think you are doing a fantastic job of attacking your debts.
    Your diary is inspirational
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on

Proud to be dealing with my debts
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 30th Sep 17, 5:24 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Hi Mummy_bear, just read all 10 pages of your diary and wanted to say I think you are doing a fantastic job of attacking your debts.
    Your diary is inspirational
    Originally posted by TheMoonandBack
    Thank you TheMoonandBack, in fact you've tipped it onto 11 pages

I was about to that since my/our LBM We've had a couple of payouts...insurance and packaged bank account charges. So we've been able to pay quite a bit off quickly so iT feels a little like cheating. BUT the old us would've gratefully accepted those payouts and spent them on pointless things and then have nothing to show for it. This is a huge change for us. We're do much happier now.

I will check to see if you have a diary too x
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £37139.86
    • TheMoonandBack
    • By TheMoonandBack 30th Sep 17, 8:20 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    TheMoonandBack
    No diary from me Iím afraid, I think I was too scared to see it in print when I had my LBM !
    Thatís why diaryís like yours are so good for people like me.

ps, I donít think getting a couple of payouts is cheating - you have to take the hits with stuff like car breakdowns etc, so you should get some good fortune as well.
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on

Proud to be dealing with my debts
    • IWILLgetthere
    • By IWILLgetthere 1st Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    IWILLgetthere
    Dear Mummy Bear
    Reading your diary is such a help to me - you keep me inspired and make me feel ever so slightly not on my own! Below is a copy/paste of my comment on another forum - excuse me copy/pasting but it's an easy way to tell you about my situation ... just wondering if you have any advice you can offer me as I'm really feeling lost,alone and scared right now

Hello everyone, I have been reading this thread over the past week and was wondering if I could please join?
    My total debt is £11,800 approx (cc's and a loan) and as I have slipped behind on payments am finding it hard to keep up and everything is spiralling out of control - very scary times!!
    I went on the Stepchange website and filled out a budgeting form with them - they advised me to set up DMP and I have just sat and handwritten (can't afford printer ink!) 6 letters to my creditors offering them a proportionate monthly amount from my available funds (eek) - some get £1.60 up to some getting £20.80.I have paid them all their amount online today. I have done it myself rather than getting Stepchange to do it for 2 reasons.... firstly, whenever I have some extra cash (getting a lift to work instead of bus, ebay, survey money etc) I'd like to pay it to creditors and secondly, I have not included my Next & Littlewoods when writing letters - I know a lot of people are going to say that is a bad move but the payments to them are small and manageable and I REALLY need to keep those accounts open as they are my only lifeline when I need school shoes/coats, new fridge etc .
    I will be posting my letters off tomorrow and hoping for a good outcome but am INCREDIBLY SCARED .

Thanks so much for baring (or should that be bearing hehe) all for everyone to read - it's so helpful knowing that there are other people out there in the same situation and that no matter how desperate things seem - they ARE sortable.
    Hope your Sunday is going well and thanks for taking the time to read my message xxx.
    Last edited by IWILLgetthere; 01-10-2017 at 5:28 PM.
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 3rd Oct 17, 7:48 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Dear Mummy Bear
    Reading your diary is such a help to me - you keep me inspired and make me feel ever so slightly not on my own! Below is a copy/paste of my comment on another forum - excuse me copy/pasting but it's an easy way to tell you about my situation ... just wondering if you have any advice you can offer me as I'm really feeling lost,alone and scared right now

Hello everyone, I have been reading this thread over the past week and was wondering if I could please join?
    My total debt is £11,800 approx (cc's and a loan) and as I have slipped behind on payments am finding it hard to keep up and everything is spiralling out of control - very scary times!!
    I went on the Stepchange website and filled out a budgeting form with them - they advised me to set up DMP and I have just sat and handwritten (can't afford printer ink!) 6 letters to my creditors offering them a proportionate monthly amount from my available funds (eek) - some get £1.60 up to some getting £20.80.I have paid them all their amount online today. I have done it myself rather than getting Stepchange to do it for 2 reasons.... firstly, whenever I have some extra cash (getting a lift to work instead of bus, ebay, survey money etc) I'd like to pay it to creditors and secondly, I have not included my Next & Littlewoods when writing letters - I know a lot of people are going to say that is a bad move but the payments to them are small and manageable and I REALLY need to keep those accounts open as they are my only lifeline when I need school shoes/coats, new fridge etc .
    I will be posting my letters off tomorrow and hoping for a good outcome but am INCREDIBLY SCARED .

Thanks so much for baring (or should that be bearing hehe) all for everyone to read - it's so helpful knowing that there are other people out there in the same situation and that no matter how desperate things seem - they ARE sortable.
    Hope your Sunday is going well and thanks for taking the time to read my message xxx.
    Originally posted by IWILLgetthere
    Hi there IWILLgetthere

I'm not sure if I know enough about DMP or doing one alone. But I have read a few diaries on here where others have done exactly has you've done and been successful. I wish I remembered which diaries they were.

I know you're scared but you're also brave. In fact I'd go as far as to say embrace that fear because actually it means you've had a true LBM. You're now on the path to becoming debt free. No more head in the sand moments. This journey is scary for all of us. I guess another overwhelming emotion on get is embarrassment. I want rid of those feelings.

I'm guessing by now you've posted the letters. Well done.

I will most definitely follow your progress x
    Last edited by Mummy_bear; 05-10-2017 at 6:22 AM.
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 3rd Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Just a quick post to say I'm still here and busting debt. Hardly had a chance to sit down and spend time writing a long post reviewing September and setting October goals. It will come!

MB
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 5th Oct 17, 6:22 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Still alive! Today is last day in work and I've got tomorrow off. I should have a chance then to do my catch ups.

This is my 6th day in work in a row and I'm on course to having worked 61hrs in that time, some of those hours a overtime , which is earmarked for over payments.

Hope everyone who follows my progress is doing well.

MB
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 5th Oct 17, 6:51 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,859 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Well done on the overtime but you must be shattered! Well done on the progress!
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 8th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear

OCTOBER!

Wow. Into one of my favourite seasons. Can't believe we're a week in. Today is the first time I've actually had the chance to sit down and write a couple of updates!

The last few weeks have been hectic in and out of work. Can't say things will be any different in the coming weeks either. However, rest assured we're still debt busting and being money savvy.

I'll make a confession now.....I cleared my Next account didn't I? Well I got sent a VIP slot for their sale. I looked. I ordered 3 items for the kids, which I was going to pay off straight away. BUT I didn't collect. My conscience took over. The kids didn't need the items I ordered. They just looked cute and were in a sale. So, what this means is is that because I didn't collect in the time frame provided they've been sent back. My balance is still 0. Now I've chosen not to close the account. Why you ask. Well I pretty have to order ALL my clothes online because of my long legs They don't offer an in store section in most shops anymore. But anyway, any future orders will be paid off in full once the order is collected. At least I give myself thinking time upon order to decide if I really need something before I get charged for it!

Right, on to my goals this month

October goals

1) To pay a total of £1000 off debt
    £37.5/£1000

This is a much lower target than September's. The reason being I knew at the beginning of September that we would be able to pay off quite a bit due to DH's insurance payout. This month we don't expect any windfalls/payouts so this is a more realistic target. It also gives me a feel for how we do on a standard month and will probably give me an indication on where to set future targets.

2) To get £700 in the EF
    £615/£700

The outstanding £75 will be my contribution as DH has put his £100 in already this month. I'm not sure how I'll do with this target but I really hope I can achieve it.

3) To list 10 items on Ebay
    0/10

4) To earn £40 from surveys - only payable to count
    £2.14/£40

Last months target was £30 which I beat. I've upped it this month. This is partly due to the fact I'm about £5 off a £25 total n my PA account. I generally cash out of there once I hit £25 as I put that into my annual bills account. The £2.14 is from Qmee.

Totals as of 8th October

Lloyds CC £1293
    MBNA CC £4035
    Barclaycard CC £2384
    Tesco Loan £9799.84
    Santander Loan £6373.43
    TV -DH purchase £569
    M&S Loan £7755.52
    Bicycle finance £75 £37.5 paid off

Annoyingly my BC app hasn't been working for a few days. I've got £11.13 set aside to pay off on it. BUt won't update figures on here until it is paid off. Hopefully the app will sort itself out otherwise I'll have to phone and pay.

Total debt as of 29th September - £32322.28
    Total debt as of 8th October - £32284.78

Total cleared since 1st September - £37.5

Emergency Fund total - £615/£1000

MB
    Last edited by Mummy_bear; 14-10-2017 at 9:41 AM.
    • DrSpendLittle
    • By DrSpendLittle 8th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    DrSpendLittle
    Well done on not succumbing to Next's ridiculous marketing ploy to steal your money!! I hate how companies do 'special' VIP things to try and entice you to spend money and make you feel special. Okay, it works for you if you need something but it's always going to be a jekyll and hyde thing for people in debt.

I get the same nonsense through the post from the dealership I bought my little car from "Oooh, come and spend an evening drinking cheap fizzy wine and looking into how you can unnecessarily commit yourself to 5 more years of car payments so we can hit our sales targets and get our bonus".

I sympathise on the long leg problem. I find GAP work well but Next sometimes work as well. However is it worth the temptation of keeping the account for 1or 2 times of the year when you may make a new clothing purchase?
    Since 1st September 2017
    CC1: £paid off/£1,253.73 | CC2: £1,002.21/£9,124.15 | CC3: £paid off/£312.34 | Car Finance: £631.64/£1,894.92
    Total CC Repayments: £2,568.28/£10,690.22 (24.02%) | Total Debt Repayments: £3,200.00/£12,585.14 (25.42%)
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Oct 17, 6:57 PM
    • 651 Posts
    • 2,581 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Yay great news on the next account. Do you need a next account or can you just pay on your debit card each time you buy?

You are doing really well.
    Hope October is as successful.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400)
    2017 July : £36,800 8/100 Aug: £36,411.85 8/100 Sep: £35,945.66 10/100 Oct: £35,500 11/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029
    Current mortgage free date: April 2025
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 13th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Payday today.

October goals

£207.63/£1000

2) To get £700 in the EF
    £665/£700

getting closer

0/10

£2.14/£40

Totals as of 13th October

Lloyds CC £1293
    MBNA CC £4035
    Barclaycard CC £2212.87 £171.13 paid off
    Tesco Loan £9799.84
    Santander Loan £6373.43
    TV -DH purchase £569
    M&S Loan £7755.52
    Bicycle finance £75

Total Debt as of 13th October - £32113.65

Total cleared since 1st October - £207.63

Emergency Fund total - £665/£1000

Hoping for an Ebay weekend to try and hit one of my monthly goals.
    Got paid today which was better than expected as managed to squeeze some of the overtime I've done recently into this pay. So I feel my emergency fund target is achievable now.

Life is still hectic. Don't actually have any leave booked til next year now so will probably feel like this for a few months does mean my updates can be a bit sparce.

But we're being good. Focusing our minds, paying off debt and not feeling like we're missing out. I'm particularly proud of our emergency fund achievement. We've never been able to save, other than when I've been pregnant and saving for mat leave. We probably won't stop at £1000. We have loads of house projects to sort such as the kitchen, garden and bathroom. I think we'll carry on saving and pay for these jobs outright. We want to sell up and move in around 3 years so we want the house to be as sellable as possible.

Really in such a happy place at the moment as things move into the right direction

MB
    Last edited by Mummy_bear; 14-10-2017 at 9:41 AM.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 14th Oct 17, 12:11 AM
    • 651 Posts
    • 2,581 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Pleased you are feeling so positive MB.

With regards to your pay today, is that money you will spend this month or does it get put aside until November?

Wish.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400)
    2017 July : £36,800 8/100 Aug: £36,411.85 8/100 Sep: £35,945.66 10/100 Oct: £35,500 11/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029
    Current mortgage free date: April 2025
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 14th Oct 17, 7:15 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Pleased you are feeling so positive MB.

With regards to your pay today, is that money you will spend this month or does it get put aside until November?

Wish.
    Originally posted by wishingthemortgaheaway
    For the last 10 years I've been paid around the 15th of every month so my financial month has always been the last two weeks of a month and the first two of the next. It's always meant pretty much all bills come out in the last two week of each month.

MB
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 14th Oct 17, 8:14 AM
    • 4,852 Posts
    • 9,173 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Good to see you keeping on track with the debt busting. That list of debts looks so much shorter

Emergency fund making good progress too and brilliant month in September. Am keeping fingers crossed for you to get below £30k by end of year. Then hopefully you will just be 2 years off your DFD. Do you still do your savings pots for annual expenses? It may be worthwhile also putting money aside for car, Xmas and holiday.

You will be able to do loads to your house when debt gone with that £12k per annum or more you are having to use to repay debt.
    1 week to go until early retirement. Debt free and mortgage free.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 14th Oct 17, 8:50 AM
    • 5,288 Posts
    • 18,621 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    You're doing really well Mummy_bear x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7000.00 Cap 1: £457.35 BC: £5000.00

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10
    POAMAYC 2018 #?? PD £0.00/£4000
    20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 14th Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Good to see you keeping on track with the debt busting. That list of debts looks so much shorter

Emergency fund making good progress too and brilliant month in September. Am keeping fingers crossed for you to get below £30k by end of year. Then hopefully you will just be 2 years off your DFD. Do you still do your savings pots for annual expenses? It may be worthwhile also putting money aside for car, Xmas and holiday.

You will be able to do loads to your house when debt gone with that £12k per annum or more you are having to use to repay debt.
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Xmas has been the one thing I've always saved for. £40 a month gets put away for that. I really only have a couple of presents left to get and Xmas is sorted. Been very organised this year.

We have only really done staycations in recent years and until debt is gone we will continue doing that. As such we start saving for that in Jan but thankfully it's not a huge expense.

We now also put £50 away each month for annual expenses.

This covers house insurance, pet insurance, playstation network subscription, Amazon prime subscription, MOT on each car. We service our own cars. Eventually this contribution will be increased in order to pay car insurance and car tax outright. But what we've done so far is a big step forward as we never put money away for the annual expenses before.

MB
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 15th Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    October goals

£213.79/£1000

2) To get £700 in the EF
    £665/£700

9/10

Managed to get 9 items listed yesterday. But I also sorted through ALOT of old baby clothes. There is now a huge pile that I need to take to M&S for the shwopping thing. I take anything that I don't think would sell there as they welcome all clothing items regardless of quality.

Hopefully I can get a few more things on Ebay later.

£13.16/£40

Another £1.02 from Qmee and a £10 cash out in Love2Shop voucher from VO. I'm about £2.50 off my minimum £25 cashout value with PA.

Totals as of 15th October

Lloyds CC £1293
    MBNA CC £4035
    Barclaycard CC £2206.71 £6.16 paid off
    Tesco Loan £9799.84
    Santander Loan £6373.43
    TV -DH purchase £569
    M&S Loan £7755.52
    Bicycle finance £75

Total Debt as of 13th October - £32113.65
    Total Debt as of 15th October - £32107.49

Total cleared since 1st October - £213.79

Emergency Fund total - £665/£1000

A small PAD today.
    Should have a few things come out tomorrow - specifically the loans.

Received an email the other day about a part of the area I work in that the council are going to start to charge for parking. I don't park in that particular area BUT the knock on effect will be that where I do park will most likely be filled up sooner. This may mean that I will having to pay for parking more days than not

Will have to monitor and then assess whether my parking budget needs increasing from £50 a month to £80 a month to accommodate every working day.

MB
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 15th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    • 4,852 Posts
    • 9,173 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    That is a pain about parking mummy bear. I refuse to pay for parking at work as I only work part time so that would be equivalent to 30 minutes pay. I work in a university which has a green initiative so they subsidise the park and ride tickets so I can park for free and get a 50% discounted voucher for bus into the city which is a fraction of the cost of parking in town. I go even further with saving and park for free and do the 25 minute walk if it is fine into work which is around 1.25miles. I figure that is good exercise but I don't have to get back to pick up kids.

Are there any incentives by your company to do something similar?
    1 week to go until early retirement. Debt free and mortgage free.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 15th Oct 17, 10:20 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    That is a pain about parking mummy bear. I refuse to pay for parking at work as I only work part time so that would be equivalent to 30 minutes pay. I work in a university which has a green initiative so they subsidise the park and ride tickets so I can park for free and get a 50% discounted voucher for bus into the city which is a fraction of the cost of parking in town. I go even further with saving and park for free and do the 25 minute walk if it is fine into work which is around 1.25miles. I figure that is good exercise but I don't have to get back to pick up kids.

Are there any incentives by your company to do something similar?
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver

Without divulging my job I'll try and explain as best I can!

To put it bluntly - who I work for does not offer any help when it comes to parking.
    The usual places of work for my 'company' have free parking. However, the department I work in is situated in a council building. We used to get offered parking spaces by the council. But when they realized those 10 spaces could be earning them money they were took off us.

There is no park and ride for me to use

I've considered parking further away and walking the distance - I'm not adverse to that. However, I'm on a flexi plan in order to do school drop off. It means that as soon as that is done I have to drive to work leaving little time to finding parking and get in on time. Therefore, to park further away and walk the distance means getting to work late

Those partner agencies I work with who are eligible to apply for a parking permit currently pay £50 a month, set to increase to £80 a month and they don't get allocated a specific space. Just an area. And if there are no spaces when they turn up, tough. They have to find somewhere free (taking it away from the likes of me) or find a pay and display.

MB
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin