Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeSquigh
    • By LeSquigh 3rd Jun 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LeSquigh
    Lloyds Bank PPI
    • 3rd Jun 17, 8:04 PM
    Lloyds Bank PPI 3rd Jun 17 at 8:04 PM
    Hi alll

I'm new to the forum under this login as I haven't used for a while and can't remember my previous one so hello to all and I hope someone can give me some advice.

I have recently had PPI claims paid out by Lloyds Bank. The first for PPI on a loan (money received) and the second for a packaged bank account (money also received).

I was surprised it was all so simple going through Reaolvwr.

My question is......

Having received the above payouts I decided to check if I had PPI on other products I had with Lloyds. Worth he first two I knew I had. However I have also had overdrafts and credit cards and bank charges etc with Lloyds and whilst I don't remember having PPI added I thought it was worth a go to see if they had applied anything I wasn't aware of.

I have had a letter back very quickly stating that PPI was not on the overdraft but have had the "we are looking into your claim and will respond by...." letters with regards to both the credit card and the actual bank account.

Do Lloyds generally respond straight off to say no if there was none and only send the "we are looking into it and will respond by....." letter if they know there is PPI on the accounts in question? I hope this makes sense!

I am asking for myself and my father who I have also completed claims for.

Thank you in advance for any help you knowledgeable people may be able to give me.
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 4th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    • 4th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    • 4th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    They will check all products you had now that you have complained about all of them.
    • LeSquigh
    • By LeSquigh 4th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LeSquigh
    • 4th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 4th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    Thanks. They didn't do this off their own back, I had to request they look at them all individually.
    • Nick_george92
    • By Nick_george92 15th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Nick_george92
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    Lloyds Banking Group have never applied PPI to an overdraft so I wouldn't spend time chasing this.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 15th Jun 17, 11:52 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:52 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:52 PM
    Lloyds Banking Group have never applied PPI to an overdraft so I wouldn't spend time chasing this.
    Originally posted by Nick_george92
    You should try reading the post

I have had a letter back very quickly stating that PPI was not on the overdraft
    Originally posted by LeSquigh
    • mrskelly
    • By mrskelly 30th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mrskelly
    • 30th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    Lloyds PPI questionnaire
    • 30th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    I've applied direct to Lloyds and received 2 letters back with questionnaires regarding 4 accounts.

I don't know any of the details they are asking as they were so long ago. Did anyone else receive these questionnaires and struggle with them?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 30th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    • 14,123 Posts
    • 14,809 Thanks
    zx81
    • 30th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    • 30th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    It doesn't matter if others struggled.

If you don't know the answers, put that you don't know.
    • mrskelly
    • By mrskelly 30th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mrskelly
    • 30th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 30th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    Well yeah I know that. I just want to know if it effected the outcome.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 30th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 30th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 30th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    Well yeah I know that. I just want to know if it effected the outcome.
    Originally posted by mrskelly
    A claim with no information is less likely to be successful than one with information.

Hope that helps.
    • mrskelly
    • By mrskelly 30th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mrskelly
    Thanks. It doesn't help when they don't give you the dates the loans were taken and it could be going back to early 90's.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 30th Oct 17, 7:45 PM
    • 18,736 Posts
    • 9,989 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Thanks. It doesn't help when they don't give you the dates the loans were taken and it could be going back to early 90's.
    If you want to make a more informed complaint, you need to properly research first. You can do this by sending the Bank a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter which will provide all detail the Bank has kept on file for you. It will cost £10.

Do realise that, while this will certainly provide factual dates etc, it won't provide you with reasons for complaint. Your complaint reasons ideally need to be both valid and compelling. If you just say that you didn't know you had it for example (meaning you've forgotten), you are totally reliant upon the Bank finding other wrongs as part of their investigation
    • Pigeongirl
    • By Pigeongirl 3rd Nov 17, 2:35 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    Pigeongirl
    I've applied direct to Lloyds and received 2 letters back with questionnaires regarding 4 accounts.

I don't know any of the details they are asking as they were so long ago. Did anyone else receive these questionnaires and struggle with them?
    Hi mrskelly, yes I've had the same forms back but with about 10 different account numbers on.

How are you getting on with them?
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member No.11.

"When the storm is raging round you, stay right where you are."
    Queen, 'Don't try so hard'
    • rq9292
    • By rq9292 4th Nov 17, 6:42 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rq9292
    It sounds an acknowledgment of your complaint so don't get too excited. If it is true that Lloyds never sold PPI on an overdraft then they would be able to confirm that without any investigation. As per the norms you'll get a final response on the other accounts within 8 weeks.
    • mrskelly
    • By mrskelly 5th Nov 17, 10:25 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mrskelly
    I just didn't know what to fill in as it's from so long ago. So I just put what I could really. I knew I was definitely working and never been a time I haven't. Just signed and sent back so not holding out much hope to be honest.
    • rq9292
    • By rq9292 5th Nov 17, 11:18 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rq9292
    There is still some chance that they will upheld your complaints. At times the banks had selling practices such as having to tick an "opt out box" otherwise the PPI was automatically added. In scenarios like that you'll get your money back.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 5th Nov 17, 11:25 AM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    Not all banks, and during limited times.

The opt out box was more usual if you bought a credit card online.
    Last edited by -taff; 05-11-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    • rq9292
    • By rq9292 5th Nov 17, 12:17 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rq9292
    True, I was just giving an example scenario.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,037Posts Today

9,578Users online

Martin's Twitter