Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dannyjebb
    • By dannyjebb 3rd Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    • 369Posts
    • 82Thanks
    dannyjebb
    Groomsmen outfits
    • 3rd Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    Groomsmen outfits 3rd Jun 17 at 8:01 PM
    Hi all

My brother's wedding is in September this year. We are just looking at suits and I am appauled at the costs of hiring! In one store today (Greenwoods) they had tailcoat for hire at £130 inc trousers, waistcoat, shirt and tie......Then on the rails had a very similar suit, same material nearly identical colour, for sale at £117!!! didn't include the shirt and tie but was a nice 3 piece suit. My brother is adament on tails for himself but these suits wouldn't quite match exactly with his.

I don't think I have ever hired anything in my life other than maybe a car on holiday and would much prefer to buy the suit to wear in the future. I am getting married next year and would be happy to wear the same suit for that.

Does anyone know of a place that sells maybe ex hire suits? or any other options so as not to spend over £500 on 4 suits to wear for a day? We would be happy to pay around £150 per suit to buy.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • ceh209
    • By ceh209 9th Jun 17, 1:12 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 463 Thanks
    ceh209
    • 9th Jun 17, 1:12 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 1:12 PM
    We got suits for all the men from M&S at around £150 each (2 piece). It worked for us as we didn't want tails / morning coat anyway.

If you have a Slater's locally (www.slaters.co.uk) that's worth a look, hubby has bought a DJ from there more recently for £100.
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 6th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 4,041 Posts
    • 1,479 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    You could always wait for the next sale
    • Tammykitty
    • By Tammykitty 17th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 1,001 Thanks
    Tammykitty
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    I hope your brother is paying for your suit hire?

Try local independent men's clothes store - I think the mens suit hire at our wedding was around £70 each

Debenhams also stat from £70 for a 3 piece suit
    http://www.debenhams-formalhire.com/media/1391/14445-debenhams-price-lists.pdf

Also do you have a moss brothers outlet shop near you, as you get good deals in them to buy the suits
    Weight Loss Challenge
    Start: 10th September 2016 - 49lbs to lose.
    Progress - 22/49 (3/12/16)

Restarted 8/05/17 - 41lbs to lose (Managed to put 1 stone on in 4 months!) Progress 6/41 (13/05/17)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,448Posts Today

9,201Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin