Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Max and sasha
    • By Max and sasha 3rd Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 28Thanks
    Max and sasha
    Advice again please ( Idem)
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    Advice again please ( Idem) 3rd Jun 17 at 3:16 PM
    Hi everyone

I have started a new post as I didn't want to get my other one mixed up , hope that is OK

If you read my other post or gave me great advice I sent CCA requests to all my creditors, Idem have replied and state that they are unable to supply me a copy of my credit agreement at present and say until they do so the agreement cannot be enforced, but the balance is still outstanding and will continue to pursue this debt and will continue to contact me to discuss repayment proposals.

What do you think I should do? Should I walk away from this until they produce the CCA but what if they start charging me interest or put charges on the account or do I go for a low full and final amount, would they go for it , I think I probably know what I should do but just need some of your expert advice

Thanks

Max
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 3rd Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 11,530 Posts
    • 11,117 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    If Idem have bought your account, which is likely, they cannot add further interest or charges unless the original agreement allows them to do so.

Depends what the debt was, if it was a running credit agreement, such as a loan, CC, or other CCA regulated product, they cant add anything else to the debt.

Normally in these cases you write back stating you arent going to pay, and thats usually the last you hear from them, they go away and concentrate on someone else.

Of course they may find your agreement, or come up with enough info to cobble together a reconstituted version, then again, they may not.

Up to you what you do really.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Max and sasha
    • By Max and sasha 3rd Jun 17, 3:47 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Max and sasha
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:47 PM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:47 PM
    Hi sourcrates

The debt is £600 can't remember what it was for

Part of me wants to walk away but would always worry they managed to find something, don't want to worry until it becomes statue barred, so I was thinking of sending them a full and final offer for 10/20 %
    Is it worth a try or am I wasting my time and money

With the full and final offer letter should I include a letter saying I will walk away from this debt if they do not accept my offer until they produce the proper paper work, or does that sound threatening

Thanks

Max
    • Max and sasha
    • By Max and sasha 12th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Max and sasha
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    Hi everyone

Sent off offer to IDEM for £100 as full and final as account is unenforceable but was rejected, they offered me £40 of total balance, so I have decided to walk away from this debt until they produce a CCA

Do you think this is a wise decision?

Thanks

Max
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    • 11,530 Posts
    • 11,117 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    Hi everyone

Sent off offer to IDEM for £100 as full and final as account is unenforceable but was rejected, they offered me £40 of total balance, so I have decided to walk away from this debt until they produce a CCA

Do you think this is a wise decision?

Thanks

Max
    Originally posted by Max and sasha
    It is your right under the act.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Max and sasha
    • By Max and sasha 12th Jun 17, 10:00 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Max and sasha
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:00 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:00 PM
    Thanks for the advice again sourcrates I really appreciate it, off all the cca,s I have sent of only one so far has had the proper cca but I expected then to have it as it's still with the original lender but they mentioned partial full and final settlement, I ask what they would except but they said I had to offer them something then they would consider it but I am not in the position too sadly. And another of my creditors is for a overdraft which doesn't need one

Max
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,070Posts Today

7,270Users online

Martin's Twitter