Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 3rd Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sheraaz76
    County court claim
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    County court claim 3rd Jun 17 at 12:08 PM
    Dear MSE folks,
    I have always beenreading this site and always received excellent and helpfull information.
    Unfortunately this time i need some help.I received a county court claim issued by Asset and collections regarding a loan from Lending stream.I am defending this case as I am sure this loand had been repaid and shows setteled on my credit file.I noticed that instead of putting MR Sheraaz they put down MISS Sheraaz when I clearly am a boy
    It also so particulars of claim.
    I have contacted Asset and collections many times by post and email but they never replied.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Page 2
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 16th Aug 17, 9:31 PM
    • 11,231 Posts
    • 8,395 Thanks
    fatbelly
    They are being ordered to do so by the court.

Note the date and time.

On the following day ask the court if they have received ALL the documents (file means send to the court, serve means send to you) ordered. If neither you nor the court have received these ask for the claim to be struck out.

Courts often delay this to give the claimant a bit of leeway, but there's no good reason why they should.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 17th Aug 17, 9:21 AM
    • 879 Posts
    • 809 Thanks
    StopIt
    Hi MSE Folks ,
    another update:

I received this letter from court N24 General form of Judgement or Order.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1.The claimant shall file and serve by *pm on *September 2017,copies of original loan agreement and a schedule detailing a breakdown of the costs and charges that make up the sum claimed.In default of doing so the claim shall be dismissed.

Well I had asked them several times but they never replied,hope they do now
    Originally posted by sheraaz76

No, you hope they don't!

For if they don't you go to...
    They are being ordered to do so by the court.

Note the date and time.

On the following day ask the court if they have received ALL the documents (file means send to the court, serve means send to you) ordered. If neither you nor the court have received these ask for the claim to be struck out.

Courts often delay this to give the claimant a bit of leeway, but there's no good reason why they should.
    Originally posted by fatbelly
    This bit.

If they are in default of the court request, their claim becomes invalid and you can get it struck out.

These guys have been a shambles from start to finish. They clearly were hoping for a judgment in default. I hope we get a post in September saying they still haven't sent the details required and the court has flung it out.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 17th Aug 17, 10:44 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    No I mean I hope they come up with something as I have the proof but Asset and collection ignored me all the way and just been sending me letters wich doesn't make any sense .I wanted to get it sorted once and for all.They claiming I owe a amount of a £300 loan wich is turned into £1609 but how they wont tell or give a breakdown and sometime they say its 1 loan then its 2 loan.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 8th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    Well

Its the 8th today and they were supposed to serve before 4pm on th 7th.However the court said it had a weeks backlog but u have received anything.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 11th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    Saga with asset and collections contineus
    Dear MSE folks,

Its the 11th september 2017 and the claimant still hasnt served the documents the court ordered them.I have been in touch with court and they haven't received it too.The court said that the claim will be dismissed but...
    Today I received a email from Asset and Collection with a different reference number for same debt as before saying;

We have recently loaded a County Claim against yourself for the above outstanding balance, of which you will shortly receive a Claim Pack with regards to this.

If you do not respond to the above-mentioned Claim Pack, judgment will be entered by default and in turn you will receive a County Court Judgment . It will be entered on your credit record at the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines and will remain there for six years. This record can seriously affect your ability to obtain a mortgage, credit card, bank account and even a mobile phone contract in the future.

To avoid the judgment in its entirety you must pay in full. You can choose to pay the amount in full straight away (plus any interest and court fees shown) and if you do, you do not need to send the forms back and you will not receive the CCJ.

Please contact our Litigation Department on 0330 808 1585 to make this payment.

In the meantime, you are encouraged to seek competent legal advice with regards to the above.

In the meantime, you are encouraged to seek competent legal advice with regards to the above.

Citizens Advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    If you are unable to pay this amount off in full, we can arrange a repayment plan with you direct although you will still incur the CCJ.
    We look forward to hearing from you. !
    Kind Regards,
    The Legal Collections Team

One claim is still in court can they issue another claim for the same debt before the first claim has even been decided??

Kind regards.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 11th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 11,231 Posts
    • 8,395 Thanks
    fatbelly
    When you say 'a different reference number' do you mean a different claim number (for the same old debt) or is this action against a different debt entirely?

The answer to your last question is no. If this is another claim for the same debt then you just tell the court that this matter is already subject to claim XYZ123.

The court will then try to establish whether that is true or whether there are two separate actions against you.

If they have indeed paid for a second claim instead of complying with the court order for the first one then my previous comment applies:
    Sounds like Asset Collections have taken incompetence to a new level.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 11th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    Thank you for your reply,

Yes same debt but they have sent me a email that they have issued county court claim ,with a different client reference number this time but i have to wait to receive the claim pack for the same debt that is already in court and in wich they failed to submit the documents ordered by court :/.
    These Assets and Collections are taking stupidity to a next level
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 12th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 879 Posts
    • 809 Thanks
    StopIt
    Thank you for your reply,

Yes same debt but they have sent me a email that they have issued county court claim ,with a different client reference number this time but i have to wait to receive the claim pack for the same debt that is already in court and in wich they failed to submit the documents ordered by court :/.
    These Assets and Collections are taking stupidity to a next level
    Originally posted by sheraaz76

Don't worry, they've not just wasted their money here, but the courts time as well.

Just send the court this rubbish, and it'll be dealt with accordingly. I thought these guys couldn't get more incompetent but here we are.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,953Posts Today

6,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin