Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 3rd Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sheraaz76
    County court claim
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    County court claim 3rd Jun 17 at 12:08 PM
    Dear MSE folks,
    I have always beenreading this site and always received excellent and helpfull information.
    Unfortunately this time i need some help.I received a county court claim issued by Asset and collections regarding a loan from Lending stream.I am defending this case as I am sure this loand had been repaid and shows setteled on my credit file.I noticed that instead of putting MR Sheraaz they put down MISS Sheraaz when I clearly am a boy
    It also so particulars of claim.
    I have contacted Asset and collections many times by post and email but they never replied.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 3rd Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 11,211 Posts
    • 10,876 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    Hi,

Acknowledge service online, this gives you 28 days to submit your defense.

Legal Beagles is the place to seek information on this, and how to deal with Asset.

Link here :

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?105-Received-a-Court-Claim
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 3rd Jun 17, 12:28 PM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:28 PM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:28 PM
    Hi

If Asset Collections have started the claim, they must now own the debt, which may be why the Lending Stream entry is showing as settled - you can't use this in your defence, neither will the Mr/Mrs thing help.

But if you can show you paid it off in full, you should be OK.

It does sound like AC buy Lending Stream debts from this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5515187
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 3rd Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    • 11,211 Posts
    • 10,876 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    Hi

If Asset Collections have started the claim, they must now own the debt, which may be why the Lending Stream entry is showing as settled - you can't use this in your defence, neither will the Mr/Mrs thing help.

But if you can show you paid it off in full, you should be OK.

It does sound like AC buy Lending Stream debts from this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5515187
    Originally posted by fatbelly
    Never did get an update on that one.

Would be nice if people came back and told us what the outcome was, good or bad.

Would be helpful to people experiencing similar circumstances.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 4th Jun 17, 12:23 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    • 4th Jun 17, 12:23 AM
    • 4th Jun 17, 12:23 AM
    Well the letters I have been receiving are so chaotic.Some of them have different loan reference nrs,some of them different amount.Than they saying its 2 loans then its 1.They even mentioned that my loan belongs to Zebit wich I never heard off,then the same loan belongs to Lending Stream.I have send them numerous emails asking for more info but they never replied back and when I done a cca request they send me 2 cca with totally different amounts on them.The funny thing was the envelope they used to send the cca ,didn't had their name on it,it was named as some steel company.Its been 4 years and I don't have any record I paid them off.
    Just gonna prepare my defence then..
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 19th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:39 PM
    19 days lapsed,still no particulars of claim received wich they said they gonna send within 14 days...
    • anna_1977
    • By anna_1977 20th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 575 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    anna_1977
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    19 days lapsed,still no particulars of claim received wich they said they gonna send within 14 days...
    Originally posted by sheraaz76
    If it were me I'd be chasing daily - personally I wouldn't want it going to court and would be trying to resolve as soon as possible
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 20th Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    If it were me I'd be chasing daily - personally I wouldn't want it going to court and would be trying to resolve as soon as possible
    Originally posted by anna_1977
    A court claim has already been started and the OP has defended it.

The ball is in the claimant's court - that's court in the sense of a tennis metaphor...
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 20th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    • 20th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    I rang up court to find out about the particulars of claim and even they haven't received any so they put a bar on the claim and if I want I can submit my defense or wait for the claimant to provide POC.I have send them numerous emails and letters but they fail to respond..
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 28th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    The 14 days had lapsed and no particular of claim has been issued to myself or court so the court has put a bar on the claim wich says

A bar has been put in place on this claim. You cannot respond to the claim at this time.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 28th Jun 17, 10:28 PM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Sounds like Asset Collections have taken incompetence to a new level.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 3rd Jul 17, 10:12 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    Little update on the case.Still no particulars of claim issued to me or the court.Defence submitted and now I received a n180 directions questionnaire.
    Any advise whats the best thing to don :/
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 4th Jul 17, 6:14 AM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Complete the DQ - send it back
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 4th Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    • 9,874 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    chanz4
    Sounds like its not going to be dealt with by the bulk claims and will be transferred to your local court
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 4th Jul 17, 9:00 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    Sounds like its not going to be dealt with by the bulk claims and will be transferred to your local court
    Originally posted by chanz4
    Is that a good or a bad thing to happen
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 4th Jul 17, 11:17 PM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Is that a good or a bad thing to happen
    Originally posted by sheraaz76
    Always good. Your defence has a chance.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 13th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    The claimant didn't bother to supply me with anything or send the POC out to court or myself but they were very quick to submit their DQ to court but again didn't send me a copy of it .Should I tick the meditation service ?

Thank you
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 13th Jul 17, 4:37 PM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Makes little difference either way. Some people think it looks like you are being reasonable to tick it. I think unless you are genuinely willing to negotiate, you are just wasting everyone's time by ticking it.
    • sheraaz76
    • By sheraaz76 13th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sheraaz76
    i have gathered all the evidence together and need to show them that I do not have a outstanding loan with them,but I was thinkink over the phone it will be hard to explain and show them the evidence
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

1,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin