Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 3rd Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 3,595Posts
    • 6,184Thanks
    avogadro
    changing suppliers - who is supplying our gas?
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    changing suppliers - who is supplying our gas? 3rd Jun 17 at 10:24 AM
    At the beginning of the year we decided to switch over from NPower to Good Energy for both gas and electricity. There's been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between the two suppliers and unfortunately, 5 or 6 months later, it's still not resolved.

The new supplier is insisting our gas supply went over to them on 12th February and has supplied a screen shot to show that this is how it's showing on their system. Yet today, lo and behold, we get a gas bill for gas use from February to May from the old supplier.

I have tried phoning 0870 608 1524 to ascertain who is supplying our gas, but they don't have anyone on their system as a gas supplier for our address!

Any ideas how to sort this mess out? We have already contacted both companies several times. We haven't received any bills at all from the new supplier (Good Energy) despite being transferred over to them in February. NPower say our gas account is still live with them.
Page 1
  • nPower
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:53 AM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 10:53 AM
    At the beginning of the year we decided to switch over from NPower to Good Energy for both gas and electricity. There's been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between the two suppliers and unfortunately, 5 or 6 months later, it's still not resolved.

The new supplier is insisting our gas supply went over to them on 12th February and has supplied a screen shot to show that this is how it's showing on their system. Yet today, lo and behold, we get a gas bill for gas use from February to May from the old supplier.

I have tried phoning 0870 608 1524 to ascertain who is supplying our gas, but they don't have anyone on their system as a gas supplier for our address!

Any ideas how to sort this mess out? We have already contacted both companies several times. We haven't received any bills at all from the new supplier (Good Energy) despite being transferred over to them in February. NPower say our gas account is still live with them.
    Originally posted by avogadro

Hi avogadro

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your change of supplier. I will be happy to take a look at this if you would like to send me an email (using the address from my profile) with your account details.

Thanks

Vicky
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 5th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 3,595 Posts
    • 6,184 Thanks
    avogadro
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    How long do they take to get back to you, as a rule?
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 5th Jun 17, 5:20 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 5th Jun 17, 5:20 PM
    • 5th Jun 17, 5:20 PM
    Last time I had an issue with Npower, it took them 10 months to sort out. Rather live in a tent then ever go back to Npower.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 7th Jun 17, 2:20 PM
    • 3,595 Posts
    • 6,184 Thanks
    avogadro
    • 7th Jun 17, 2:20 PM
    • 7th Jun 17, 2:20 PM
    Email sent to help and support a few days ago and no reply or acknowledgement as yet. We'll probably have to involve the ombudsman because of the amount of time this has been going on.
    • Grendel90
    • By Grendel90 14th Jun 17, 2:21 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Grendel90
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:21 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:21 PM
    I suspect that you are on an Independent Gas Transporter so the main database may not have details of who supplies you. If your MPRN starts with a 7 then you are on an IGT. Check the bill you have received for the MPRN - then call them, they will be able to check via the IGT who the supplier is.

I'd also make sure to check the serial number on the gas meter as well.

Good luck!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

774Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter