Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Simonw74
    • By Simonw74 2nd Jun 17, 8:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Simonw74
    Highway parking charge notice
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:35 PM
    Highway parking charge notice 2nd Jun 17 at 8:35 PM
    Hi need advice on a charge notice I revived

I have revived a charge notice for parking at a hospital from high view parking .
    The letter stated that the vehicle was recorded on our clients property and they do not have evidence that payment was made ( I paid ) but haven't got the ticket now .
    They have checked with the dvla and they say either I was keeper at the time

A payment of 50 pounds was required within 28 days
    It's also says the driver if vehicle is required to pay the charge then it states . As we do not know the drivers name or current address I need to provide them with the drivers name and address ( but they say we do not know the drivers name my name and address is at the top of the letter )

What should I do

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 15,526 Posts
    • 19,616 Thanks
    Redx
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    do not reveal who was driving

use the BPA blue text appeal from the NEWBIES sticky thread (which is what all newbies like yourself should read)

appeal as KEEPER with that template (not as driver)

complain to PALS too and ask them to cancel it seeing as a ticket was bought by an occupant of the vehicle (but dont tell them who was driving either)

the chances are that the driver failed to input the correct VRM into the pay machine when the ticket was bought
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Jun 17, 8:47 PM
    • 14,635 Posts
    • 23,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:47 PM
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:47 PM
    What should I do
    1. Never reveal who the driver was.

2. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 will do you for now. Appeal to HV as per advice in the sticky (template appeal already there for you).

3. If you were a patient or had genuine reasons for parking at the hospital (not like some at our local hospital where 4 cars drive in at 7.30am, 1 drives out fully loaded at 7.35am), contact PALS (Google it) and ask them to intervene.

HV are no problem to handle. Just learn what you have to do.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 2nd Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    waamo
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    • 2nd Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    Draft an appeal and folk here will take a look at it. The current record from emailing an appeal to Highview cancelling the ticket is two hours. Now there's the real challenge for you, beating two hours.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jun 17, 12:46 AM
    • 50,166 Posts
    • 63,545 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:46 AM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 12:46 AM
    Draft an appeal and folk here will take a look at it. The current record from emailing an appeal to Highview cancelling the ticket is two hours. Now there's the real challenge for you, beating two hours.
    Originally posted by waamo
    I LOVE the Highview 2 hour challenge!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72351695#post72351695

A forum favourite!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Simonw74
    • By Simonw74 3rd Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Simonw74
    • 3rd Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    Think you so much .... I really appreciate it x
    • Ljohn
    • By Ljohn 11th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ljohn
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    Highview Parking debt collectors letter
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    Hi Forum Members,

Need some advice please Received a parking fine from Highview parking for overstaying at Borehamwood shopping centre in January 2017.

I have ignored all the letters so far but received a debt collectors letter threatening court action and was wondering:
    1. Should I continue to ignore
    2. Wait until I get a court summons
    3. Pay £20 for a parking appeals company to defend me.

Have Highview taken anyone to court this year ?

Thanks in advance and appreciate all replies

Kind regards
    L John
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jun 17, 8:52 AM
    • 14,635 Posts
    • 23,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:52 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:52 AM
    You're beyond any appeals point, and no appeals company will defend you in court for £20.

You are at debt collector stage, which is included in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 and tells you exactly how to handle this from here on. If you need further advice, please start your own thread - one case/one thread forum rule applies.

You've unwisely ignored the early stages of your parking charge, where you could have easily had it cancelled (with forum support). Luckily, Highview don't take motorists to court ......... at the moment (but have 6 years in which to do so).

What did the people who run Borehamwoid Shopping Centre say when you complained to them that you as their customer was being harassed by their contractor?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jun 17, 9:58 AM
    • 15,526 Posts
    • 19,616 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:58 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:58 AM
    Hi Forum Members,

Need some advice please Received a parking fine from Highview parking for overstaying at Borehamwood shopping centre in January 2017.

I have ignored all the letters so far but received a debt collectors letter threatening court action and was wondering:
    1. Should I continue to ignore
    2. Wait until I get a court summons
    3. Pay £20 for a parking appeals company to defend me.

Have Highview taken anyone to court this year ?

Thanks in advance and appreciate all replies

Kind regards
    L John
    Originally posted by Ljohn
    its not a "fine" its an INVOICE

1) yes

2) this will never happen because this "contravention" is not a criminal offence so the chances of a "court summons" is ZERO

the civil alternative is an MCOL , google it

3) definitely not because this is way past any appeal stage

you should have started a new thread so do so if you ever come back after receiving an MCOL (not debt collector letters)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    • 50,166 Posts
    • 63,545 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi Forum Members,

I have ignored all the letters so far but received a debt collectors letter...
    Originally posted by Ljohn
    I love easy ones. This one is a cinch. Highview do not do court.

Highview can be seen off in 24 hours by using the template BPA appeal in the NEWBIES thread.

Submit it to them now, as you should have done in January. NOT to the debt collectors.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-06-2017 at 5:05 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ljohn
    • By Ljohn 13th Jun 17, 12:32 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ljohn
    Many thanks I will send the letter and re-post if I receive a reply
    Last edited by Ljohn; 13-06-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling error
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,608Posts Today

7,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin