Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BazPD
    • By BazPD 2nd Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BazPD
    npower exit fees
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    npower exit fees 2nd Jun 17 at 2:16 PM
    Regarding npower’s Terms and Conditions, I think it wholly unreasonable that in order to avoid exit fees I must cancel my tariff within 14 days of 01 April 2017 or within 7 days of receiving my Welcome Letter (dated 04 April 2017), whichever is later, when npower did not start supplying my fuel until 21 April 2017, the date that I discovered the anomalies on my account and raised my complaint. I could not know the standard of npower’s service before the effective date of 21 April 2017 and why I believe the exit fee clause is unfair and unjust.
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 2nd Jun 17, 2:27 PM
    • 16,466 Posts
    • 10,640 Thanks
    molerat
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:27 PM
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:27 PM
    Standard consumer contract regulations. What are these "anomalies" ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 2nd Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    • 31,216 Posts
    • 36,913 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    exit fee does not apply, all suppliers should now allow you to leave up to 49 days ahead of your tariff's end date without incurring a penalty

https://switch.which.co.uk/energy-advice/guide-to-switching-supplier.html
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • dogshome
    • By dogshome 2nd Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 2,816 Posts
    • 1,417 Thanks
    dogshome
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 2nd Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    The 14 day 'Change your mind period' is a mandatory minimum on many contracts, and the 14 days start the day you say Yes, I want that, which is why your n'power supply only began when it did.

If you post the problem/s you are having with n'power, some one will help you.

NOTE
    Browntoa's comment about 49 days only applies to the period at the end of a Fixed Term contract, not the beginning
    Last edited by dogshome; 02-06-2017 at 2:47 PM.
    • BazPD
    • By BazPD 16th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BazPD
    • 16th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    The anomalies refer to inaccurate meter readings listed on my account - not the readings I gave them.
    I have had my npower exit fees waived by npower after escalating my case via Resolver.
    However, moving to e-on is proving hard work too as my website account does not show the electricity reading I gave on 13 June 2017 and was unable to accept my gas reading today!
    Online = ongoing problems which have to be chased up to get rectified. Grrrrrrrrrr!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,352Users online

Martin's Twitter