Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gethino
    • By Gethino 1st Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gethino
    Advice needed
    • 1st Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    Advice needed 1st Jun 17 at 5:08 PM
    Hi all. I'm really hoping someone can help me or at least guide me to resolve my debt. I'm currently in full time employment earning about 30K a year. I'm with one bank only which is HSBC. I have one credit card with them which only has a £500 limit on it but I'm have about £450 into that. I'm not too worried about the credit card if I'm honest. In my current account I have a £3500 overdraft which I'm struggling to keep within every month. I just can't seem to clear it. My monthly income after tax is £1729. My bills total £1036.07 which means I have £692.93 to play with each month. I have tried saving each month but there always seems to be something. Last month it was the car which cost me £300 and this month it was the car tax. Is there anything I can do? Please help.
    Thanks.
Page 3
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 7th Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    Instead of the gym, buy three or four B&Q decking squares and a metronome, then step up and down for an hour, or two. You can watch TV at the same time.
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 8th Jun 17, 8:59 AM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 2,010 Thanks
    harrys dad
    The holiday's not £1200 it's £600 ish so I'll just pay £100 a month until xmas which is not too bad and within my budget. About this SOA, is there a template on here then cause I've never done one before.
    Originally posted by Gethino
    How do you know this £100 a month for a holiday is within your budget? You still haven't done a complete budget which shows ALL your expenditure.
    • Gethino
    • By Gethino 9th Jun 17, 7:34 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gethino
    Gone and got the card and made the money transfer! Unfortunately, it only allowed me to transfer £3300 so I'll still be £200 overdrawn at the end of the month!
    • Gethino
    • By Gethino 12th Jun 17, 10:24 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gethino
    If I made the money transfer on Friday, when will the first minimum payment be due?
    Thanks!!
    • bobcat2
    • By bobcat2 13th Jun 17, 12:18 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    bobcat2
    If I made the money transfer on Friday, when will the first minimum payment be due?
    Thanks!!
    Originally posted by Gethino
    I would say that it would be due within 20 days of your statement date and your statement would be 1 month after your account opening date. So approx 50ish days from when you opened the account. When the statement arrives though it will tell you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

2,745Users online

Martin's Twitter