Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ja6on
    • By ja6on 31st May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ja6on
    LPS Parking ticket appeal help
    • 31st May 17, 6:26 PM
    LPS Parking ticket appeal help 31st May 17 at 6:26 PM
    Hi guys, im hoping for some help.

I received a windscreen ticket back on the 11/03/2017 for Parking longer than period paid for.
    Tottaly forgot about it so diddnt appeal before receiving the reminder letter

I have now received the reminder notice which was sent 24/05/2017.

Am i still going to be ok to appeal even tho they have already requested the keeper details from DVLA.

It seems that LPS are a BPA member and would like some help regarding appealing please
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 31st May 17, 6:39 PM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 31st May 17, 6:39 PM
    • 31st May 17, 6:39 PM
    use the blue text appeal from the NEWBIES sticky thread, as keeper

do not reveal who was driving
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • ja6on
    • By ja6on 31st May 17, 6:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ja6on
    • 31st May 17, 6:45 PM
    • 31st May 17, 6:45 PM
    Thanks Redx,

So i can still use this one even though they have already contacted DVLA?

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
    • Redx
    • By Redx 31st May 17, 6:46 PM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 31st May 17, 6:46 PM
    • 31st May 17, 6:46 PM
    yes , exactly as it is
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • MonnieG
    • By MonnieG 31st May 17, 8:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MonnieG
    • 31st May 17, 8:09 PM
    • 31st May 17, 8:09 PM
    Here's my story...be warned!!!
    WARNING TO CAR PARK USERS!!!
    Please Guys always keep your parking tickets safe...we parked in a car park in Plymouth...paid £7 yes £7 for 5 hours parking a few weeks back. We put our car registration no in the machine so were covered. Came back in good time to leave even had at least 15 mins to spare. My friend got a parking offence letter after a few days claiming we had gone over our time which we knew we had not!! We checked out Money Expert who
    said not to pay as it was a scam letter so we ignored. Then another letter arrived
    charging us more so we ignored that one. He had another letter threatening debt collectors if not paid by 2nd June....As l was getting worried for my
    friend he rang the Car park head office
    for a few words about this. They checked
    everything and told him they had made a mistake!!! and would send him a letter to confirm their mistake!!! We knew we were right and did not go over our time so be warned if you park in the Lambhay car park in Plymouth. We were most annoyed...some people would pay and these scammers would happily take your money when you did nothing wrong. Be warned guys keep your parking tickets safe....this can cause a lot of unnecessary stress and now thankfully things are
    sorted. Have a good day...����
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jun 17, 12:43 AM
    • 49,925 Posts
    • 63,344 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st Jun 17, 12:43 AM
    • 1st Jun 17, 12:43 AM
    We checked out Money Expert who said not to pay as it was a scam letter so we ignored.
    Not sure where you checked...no-one says that here.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ja6on
    • By ja6on 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ja6on
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    So i had the standard appeal declined email back, so what my next move please

Dear Mr blaaa

Parking Charge Notice: ***3183

Thank you for your email dated 12th June

We would advise that the notices in the Candleston car park clearly state the reasons for a parking charge notice being issued. One of these being for parking longer than the period paid for.

The registered keeper is liable for payment of the unpaid Parking Charge Notice if they are unable to provide us with the driver’s details at the time the Parking Charge Notice was issued.

Please refer to Protections of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule four, paragraph four for further details on this.

If you are able to provide us with the drivers details at the time the Parking Charge Notice was issued we will contact them directly. If you cannot provide us with these details we will have no option but to pursue the claim against you as the registered keeper.

Thank you for your appeal against the parking charge notice issued by us to you on the 11th March 2017. Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we regret your appeal has been unsuccessful for the following reasons:

• Parking longer than the period paid for

You now have a number of options:

1. Pay the parking charge Notice at the reduced amount of £50.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the parking charge notice will increase to £85.00.
    (Please note that all Debit/Credit card payments are subject to a £1.50 administration fee)

2. Make an appeal to POPLA – The independent Appeals Service by visiting ww.popla.co.u and submitting your appeal online. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of £50.00, and should POPLA’s decision not go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of £85.00. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA.

3. If you choose to do nothing we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.
    If you wish to appeal to POPLA, please submit your appeal online by visiting ww.popla.co.u.
    When submitting your appeal to POPLA, please use verification code ....
    Please note that you have 28 days from the date of this email to submit your appeal to POPLA.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services .ombudsman-services.org/ provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

Kind Regards,

Appeals Department

Local Parking Security Ltd.
    PO Box 6321
    Warwick
    Warwickshire
    CV34 9QB

☎- 01789 293273
    ��- 01789 293315
    ��- localparkingsecurity
    Last edited by ja6on; 17-06-2017 at 8:11 AM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    edit the popla code from the above and start drafting your popla appeal by reading post #3 of the newbies sticky thread
    Newbies !!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 6:08 PM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:08 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:08 PM
    Remove your name and anything else that can identify you. Parking scammers read this forum and will use it if you reveal the driver's identity.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,997Posts Today

6,004Users online

Martin's Twitter