Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrew.thorne
    • By andrew.thorne 31st May 17, 3:06 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    andrew.thorne
    Sheerlight Design , Fine Design Sussex and Nuglas sheerlightdesign.com
    • 31st May 17, 3:06 PM
    Sheerlight Design , Fine Design Sussex and Nuglas sheerlightdesign.com 31st May 17 at 3:06 PM
    Be very wary.

This nasty character has re-appeared as Adrian and uses the name Mark King also, aswell as any other name he can hide behind on his e-mails.

Working Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex anywhere he can get work.

A google search of 'Greg Hames', Nuglas or Lulworth Conservatories will tell you all you need to know about this man. He has history.

Known as Greg Hames, Mark King or Adrian.

Scamming people and leaving constructions half finished, and to a very poor standard.
    Makes false claims that his wife has a brain tumour or a relative has died to customers and tradesmen.

People also complaining of damp with jobs he has completed, and when he is asked to put these issues right the customer is threatened with 'visits from pikeys'. Despite promising warranties no after service is provided.

Stay clear of Sheerlight Design or Fine Design Sussex or Nuglas. They are all alias' that he hides behind but never registers as limited companies.
    Last edited by andrew.thorne; 31-05-2017 at 8:22 PM.
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 31st May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 15,185 Posts
    • 10,980 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 31st May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 31st May 17, 8:20 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3907271

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=586242

http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7410
    Last edited by hollydays; 31-05-2017 at 8:57 PM.
    • George41
    • By George41 1st Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    George41
    • 1st Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1st Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    We hope nobody else gets stung by him so sharing information
    • DOSussex
    • By DOSussex 23rd Jun 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DOSussex
    • 23rd Jun 17, 9:56 AM
    • 23rd Jun 17, 9:56 AM
    I wish I'd found this in April. You can add me to his list of victims. I have an unfinished conservatory and after complete silence following requests for more money (which I refused to pay until the work was completed), I threatened legal action. In return, I have received other threats - a visit from 'Big Steve Hardman'
    He used the name Mark King with me.
    I believe his 'partner' goes by the name of Steve Conboy. Be very wary of any company that lists any of Greg Hames, Steve Conboy, or Astrid Mcelwee (Hames' partner, apparently).
    • sussexrambler
    • By sussexrambler 9th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sussexrambler
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    I too have been caught out by this individual. He's had a number of different Conservatory building companies over the years and all seem to last no more than a year. I reported him to Trading Standards, but here he is still in business and conning the general public. When he conned me he used the name Mark King, it was an expensive lesson. You really do have to check out building companies thoroughly and ensure they do have a proper contactable address. Hames uses business addresses, which never lead to where he lives. The fact that year on year he still pops up shows that Fraud Action and Trading Standards just don't work.

I think as a collective we should all share our information on him and try and get him to court.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Jul 17, 9:48 PM
    • 15,185 Posts
    • 10,980 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:48 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:48 PM
    It may be worth starting a Facebook page
    It goes without saying, the more Time you invest posting his company names on
    The web the harder he will find it to find work
    Last edited by hollydays; 09-07-2017 at 9:50 PM.
    • sussexrambler
    • By sussexrambler 11th Jul 17, 1:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sussexrambler
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:29 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:29 PM
    I had thought about using Facebook, but when you've been conned you feel a bit of a fool and not keen on everyone knowing about your business. He himself is on there, but no photo of him and Mcelwee also makes sure that he never appears on her posts.....but they do seem to enjoy holidays and all on our hard earned money that he has conned out of us.

I believe he lives around the Whyteleaf and Oxted area, or certainly not far from there.
    Last edited by sussexrambler; 11-07-2017 at 5:26 PM.
    • andrew.thorne
    • By andrew.thorne 16th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andrew.thorne
    • 16th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    We have Hames address if anyone needs it for legal purposes. Please PM us. As much as a rat as he is we dont want to publish it in public view. We are being made aware of more victims on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by andrew.thorne; 18-07-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    • andrew.thorne
    • By andrew.thorne 17th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andrew.thorne
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    I would also add that reporting this to the police so they have a list of victims is important. Especially if he has made any threats to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,182Posts Today

9,170Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin