Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cantcope
    • By cantcope 31st May 17, 1:51 PM
    • 1,652Posts
    • 1,236Thanks
    cantcope
    PIP Mandatory reconsideration
    • 31st May 17, 1:51 PM
    PIP Mandatory reconsideration 31st May 17 at 1:51 PM
    i have called and logged with DWP and have since sent a letter off explaining what i think is wrong with their decision and why for the sections i dont think they've marked me fairly on.

i was awarded 8 points for care and 8 points for mobility giving me standard for both... so right on the edge of nothing...

I've since read that they could mark me down? is this true?
    !surely not if i'm telling them i don't think they've marked me high enough to begin with?

Mobility they have completely guessed as they saw me walk 8 footsteps from car to seat in assessment centre. Sit down for an hour and then walk back. i sent in a letter from my MS nurse saying i cannot walk any distance without pain and the need to rest and i chose the no more than 20 metres on the form...
    they have decided i can walk more than 20 metres but no more than 50. how do they know that? i'd love to do that without needing a rest before carrying on!

worried now does anyone have any experience? trolls need not answer
    Last edited by cantcope; 31-05-2017 at 2:05 PM.
    my eyes are like mirrors. They reflect whats going on around me rather than whats inside
    Original debt May 06 £16569,25th Feb 08 DEBT FREE

Last bet : 26th October 2006
Page 2
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 17th Jun 17, 12:05 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Of course they can, is your GP with you 24/7!
    Originally posted by tomtom256
    No of course not but they probably know the difficulties the op have more then the DM so no they shouldn't call a doctor a liar. A Doctor is classed as a respectable job so maybe there evidence should be taken as truth.
    Last edited by dave030445; 17-06-2017 at 3:34 PM.
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 18th Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 853 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    tomtom256
    No of course not but they probably know the difficulties the op have more then the DM so no they shouldn't call a doctor a liar. A Doctor is classed as a respectable job so maybe there evidence should be taken as truth.
    Originally posted by dave030445
    The GP works on what YOU tell them, not what they see.

GP signs X off for 6 months as unfit for work. X claims ESA.

X then works for those six months whilst claiming. Clearly GP knows nothing other than what X has told them.
    Last edited by tomtom256; 18-06-2017 at 9:29 AM.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 18th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    The GP works on what YOU tell them, not what they see.

GP signs X off for 6 months as unfit for work. X claims ESA.

X then works for those six months whilst claiming. Clearly GP knows nothing other than what X has told them.
    So who's evidence do we believe a doctor who has probably seen the patient many times and knows how there condtion probably affects them or do you believe nurse who has never heard of the condition you have and they see you for 45mins and they are better judges of how are illnesses affect us on a daily basis better than a doctor i don't think so. A doctor will know the symptoms of a condtion and will be able to tell if you probably are telling the truth. The nurse that i had had never heard of my condtion or its symptoms.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 18th Jun 17, 10:26 AM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    So who's evidence do we believe a doctor who has probably seen the patient many times and knows how there condtion probably affects them or do you believe nurse who has never heard of the condition you have and they see you for 45mins and they are better judges of how are illnesses affect us on a daily basis better than a doctor i don't think so. A doctor will know the symptoms of a condtion and will be able to tell if you probably are telling the truth. The nurse that i had had never heard of my condtion or its symptoms.
    Then it's the claimants responsibility to prove those descriptors apply to you. A letter from a GP isn't always the best evidence especially if it's the only evidence you have. Tomtom is right in saying that mostly a GP will go with what a patient tells him. If a decision hasn't gone in your favour then more evidence is the key.
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 18th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 853 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    tomtom256
    The GP is biased towards the patient and the assessor is biased towards DWP.

It's a no' brainer. However if you have seen consultant Y & Z as well as the GP send the evidence in.

It's not hard and it's not rocket science. That's why they see a lot of people as the evidence is not always provided or is only GP evidence.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 18th Jun 17, 2:56 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    The GP is biased towards the patient and the assessor is biased towards DWP.

It's a no' brainer. However if you have seen consultant Y & Z as well as the GP send the evidence in.

It's not hard and it's not rocket science. That's why they see a lot of people as the evidence is not always provided or is only GP evidence.
    yes you are probably correct My consultant gave a general letter regarding my condition loads of long words lol. but said if i need anything more to see my Dr
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 18th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Then it's the claimants responsibility to prove those descriptors apply to you. A letter from a GP isn't always the best evidence especially if it's the only evidence you have. Tomtom is right in saying that mostly a GP will go with what a patient tells him. If a decision hasn't gone in your favour then more evidence is the key.
    Originally posted by poppy12345

What is the best evidence then?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 18th Jun 17, 4:25 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    The ones that prove that those descriptors apply to you.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 18th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    The ones that prove that those descriptors apply to you.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    That's the 64 million dollar question how does one prove that.with evidence
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 18th Jun 17, 9:54 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    When I read through my awards letter everything that had Dr evidence to confirm what i wrote the DM wrote supported and every thing i wrote without Dr evidence she wrote unsupported and only gave me point where it said supported. So rightly or wrongly i thought that if you wrote something and your Dr supported what you said you would gets points
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 18th Jun 17, 10:52 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    When I read through my awards letter everything that had Dr evidence to confirm what i wrote the DM wrote supported and every thing i wrote without Dr evidence she wrote unsupported and only gave me point where it said supported. So rightly or wrongly i thought that if you wrote something and your Dr supported what you said you would gets points
    Wrong this isn't always what happens. As i said before multiple times you need to look at those descriptors to see where you can get those extra points and concentrate on those for the evidence, if you're asking for the MR.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 19th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    • 949 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    The dr has written the descriptors in her letter and then answered each part. As to why I can't do that particular task. Hopefully that will do the trick if not im lost as to what else to give as evidence.
    • cantcope
    • By cantcope 19th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    cantcope
    Did you send any further medical evidence when you asked for a MR?
    i didn't have any unfortunately. My MS nurse retired and my new MS nurse hadn't started by then
    my eyes are like mirrors. They reflect whats going on around me rather than whats inside
    Original debt May 06 £16569,25th Feb 08 DEBT FREE

Last bet : 26th October 2006
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 19th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    • 6,228 Posts
    • 11,234 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    You can send things to the tribunal up until the day of the tribunal. I was in your position and had to take a letter with me and the tribunal were fine with it.

Tribunal isn't as scary as you're thinking. There are 3 people, one is a doctor, one is a disability awareness person, they will help the judge make his decision. No one wears a wig, the room I was in was more like an office than a court room.
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,942Posts Today

8,002Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin