Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • satan666wayne
    • By satan666wayne 30th May 17, 11:12 PM
    • 917Posts
    • 497Thanks
    satan666wayne
    Help! Fake or not
    • 30th May 17, 11:12 PM
    Help! Fake or not 30th May 17 at 11:12 PM
    Hi,
    Please could anyone have a look if they think this seller is genuine or not.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/With-Love-Charms?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
    I don,t want to get stung.
    Thanks
    wayne
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 30th May 17, 11:19 PM
    • 15,269 Posts
    • 11,088 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 30th May 17, 11:19 PM
    • 30th May 17, 11:19 PM
    Would you know real from fake if you received it?
    • Pun
    • By Pun 30th May 17, 11:37 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    Pun
    • 30th May 17, 11:37 PM
    • 30th May 17, 11:37 PM
    They aren't on Pandora's list of authorised online sellers (or if they are I couldn't spot them). Why not ask Pandora?

In fairness to the seller, they have fantastic feedback and plenty of it.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 31st May 17, 3:47 AM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 2,520 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 31st May 17, 3:47 AM
    • 31st May 17, 3:47 AM
    I always have a problem with sellers whose items are set to private in their feedback, or what the buyer paid for them. The images are odd too. Why don't they show proper photographs? Can't you get these items from proper outlets? I'm certainly no expert but I wouldn't buy from them, just a feeling.

You could always contact Pandora and ask them if this is a licensed outlet.
    Last edited by LadyDee; 31-05-2017 at 8:59 AM.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 31st May 17, 7:53 AM
    • 10,887 Posts
    • 7,297 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 31st May 17, 7:53 AM
    • 31st May 17, 7:53 AM
    I would not touch a seller that cannot spell and gives unlawful T&C. Do you notice their T&C are miles longer than the description.

If an item is a faulty claims, this should be made within 14 days of receipt. Upon receipt of the returned item, an assessment will be carried out to determine the cause of the damage or faulty item. If the item is determined to be caused by a manufacturing defect, a replacement will be sent and the buyers cost of returning the item will be reimbursed. If a replace is not available a full refund will be provided.
    From what I understand about Pandora they only allow authorised resellers. This seller doesn't have any Pandora on their website. They don't display their company info/VAT number. Whilst they don't have to be VAT registered, I would expect any jeweller to be trading above the threshold.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 31st May 17, 8:58 AM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 2,520 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 31st May 17, 8:58 AM
    • 31st May 17, 8:58 AM
    Would you know real from fake if you received it?
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Well, I certainly wouldn't. To me they all look the same and I can't see the attraction personally, but a keen collector will, I'm sure, know the difference between genuine and fake. I think the OP should contact Pandora to check. They'll either be told to steer clear and Pandora will get them shut down, or the OP will get a nice surprise and find they are a genuine seller.

If anything is much cheaper on ebay I always assume they're dodgy. If they're fake they'll probably go a lovely shade of green after a while anyway - well outside the terms of the sellers illegal T&Cs.
    • satan666wayne
    • By satan666wayne 31st May 17, 10:34 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    satan666wayne
    • 31st May 17, 10:34 PM
    • 31st May 17, 10:34 PM
    Thanks everyone. I think I will give it a miss.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Jun 17, 4:52 PM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 2,520 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:52 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:52 PM
    If it's not too late OP, Pandora are having a sale on their website I believe.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jun 17, 5:07 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:07 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:07 PM
    warren james does Pandora Style charms
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Jun 17, 5:10 PM
    • 10,887 Posts
    • 7,297 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    warren james does Pandora Style charms
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    I think the point is the OP wants a genuine charm. Pandora-style are not the bonafide article.
    • tomvox
    • By tomvox 15th Jun 17, 7:24 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    tomvox
    Thanks everyone. I think I will give it a miss.
    Originally posted by satan666wayne
    Just to let you know that there appears not to be anything available in their store which may or may not have something to do with a local Pandora Store Manager sending a copy of this thread to their Fraud Department.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    I think the point is the OP wants a genuine charm. Pandora-style are not the bonafide article.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    OP can ask some local jewellers as some may have a small selection of genuine Pandora charms.
    We have a local jeweller that gets a small selection from a pandora store as our nearest pandora store is 30 miles away. He gets them at a slight discount and sells them at the same price Pandora sells them.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 10,887 Posts
    • 7,297 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    OP can ask some local jewellers as some may have a small selection of genuine Pandora charms.
    We have a local jeweller that gets a small selection from a pandora store as our nearest pandora store is 30 miles away. He gets them at a slight discount and sells them at the same price Pandora sells them.
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    That isn't quite what you suggested!
    • Autumnella
    • By Autumnella 24th Jun 17, 9:06 AM
    • 410 Posts
    • 1,434 Thanks
    Autumnella
    This store is now showing closed for business.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

767Posts Today

5,717Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin