Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 30th May 17, 10:50 PM
    • 4,800Posts
    • 7,816Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    Can we have a worst films thread?
    • 30th May 17, 10:50 PM
    Can we have a worst films thread? 30th May 17 at 10:50 PM
    I'll kick off with Passengers , saw it yesterday it was tedious I only lasted 45 mins before nodding off.
    Yes, it's true hell IS other people
    And remember the problem is them, not you.
    Devilsand demons walk among us in human form.wake up people, it's a man.
Page 3
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 7th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    I love those 'so bad it's good' movies.
    Originally posted by Sam Fallow
    Has anyone here seen "Iron Sky"?

Basically, a group of Nazi's escape to the moon at the end of WW2 and plan to return in 2018.

It goes downhill from there.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 7th Jun 17, 2:58 PM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 6,647 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    I'll kick off with Passengers , saw it yesterday it was tedious I only lasted 45 mins before nodding off.
    Originally posted by bushbaby1103
    I thought it was an interesting piece on the effects of loneliness, until it went all Hollywood disaster movie in the final third.

I nominate:
    Eraserhead
    Elephant - please can I have those two hours I spent int he Watershed, Bristol back? Please?
    Terminal velocity. I make no secret of the fact adore Nastassja Kinski, she is utterly beautiful and was amazing in Paris, Texas, but I gave up on this as it was just so boring.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 7th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 2,491 Posts
    • 4,605 Thanks
    Spidernick

Basically, a group of Nazis escape to the moon at the end of WW2 and plan to return in 2018.

Originally posted by bertiewhite
    Apart from the fact it's an American plane, that explains a mystery from years ago then :

'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 7th Jun 17, 8:40 PM
    • 2,781 Posts
    • 7,617 Thanks
    Callie22

Basically, a group of Nazi's escape to the moon at the end of WW2 and plan to return in 2018.

I've seen this, and yes it is bad. So bad that they're making a sequel, which has Nazis on the moon ... riding DINOSAURS. Shut up and take my money!

OH and I have recently discovered the delights of Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Return on Netflix, and so I've seen a lot of bad films recently. There is no bad film that isn't improved by a robot commentary
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 8th Jun 17, 12:45 AM
    • 726 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    Sam Fallow

I haven't but it's on my list now!

I've seen this, and yes it is bad. So bad that they're making a sequel, which has Nazis on the moon ... riding DINOSAURS. Shut up and take my money!

OH and I have recently discovered the delights of Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Return on Netflix, and so I've seen a lot of bad films recently. There is no bad film that isn't improved by a robot commentary
    Originally posted by Callie22
    I love MST3K, have you seen the movie? Brilliant!
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 8th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 5,030 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    Dune has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen. I couldn't even finish watching it was so bad and I've watched some rubbish to the bitter end.

I'm usually a fan of sci-fi and fantasy type films but Dune just made me want to hit my head against a wall repeatedly. I've no idea if it got better towards the end because I think around the 45 minute mark I just couldn't take any more.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 8th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    • 2,789 Posts
    • 4,423 Thanks
    avogadro
    Dune has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen. I couldn't even finish watching it was so bad and I've watched some rubbish to the bitter end.

I'm usually a fan of sci-fi and fantasy type films but Dune just made me want to hit my head against a wall repeatedly. I've no idea if it got better towards the end because I think around the 45 minute mark I just couldn't take any more.
    Originally posted by Fosterdog
    It's funny how people's tastes differ. My OH has Dune on dvd and must have watched it at least 6 or 7 times, maybe more.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Jun 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1,255 Posts
    • 5,799 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Avatar - never seen it all but what I have seen was dreadful.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1416.5
    This week 63.9
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 8th Jun 17, 9:21 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 5,030 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    It's funny how people's tastes differ. My OH has Dune on dvd and must have watched it at least 6 or 7 times, maybe more.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    It is strange, I have a friend who usually has very similar tastes to me in books and films and we can spend hours discussing plot theories, characters, differences between book and film. He loves Dune and it is in his top five best films ever, he watches it a few times a year while I can't sit through it once even though the other four of his top five would be high up in my top ten of all time.
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 10th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 726 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    Sam Fallow

I haven't but it's on my list now!
    Originally posted by Sam Fallow
    I watched 'Iron Sky' yesterday based on bertiewhite's comment and I loved it!
    It had me smiling all the way through and I loved the little nods to other films like Dr Strangelove and Inglorious Basterds +more.
    Can't wait for the sequel.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jun 17, 5:28 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    z1a
    Attack of the killer tomatoes.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 11th Jun 17, 1:24 AM
    • 1,553 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    robin58

Originally posted by Callie22
    You are wrong about iron Sky 2. Nothing to do with the moon this time. It involves the Hollow Earth theory. Basically Nazis under one of the Poles.

Think they have based the story on a known fact the real Nazis actuality had a base at one of the poles during WWlII but nobody has been able to find out what they were up to.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • barbiedoll
    • By barbiedoll 11th Jun 17, 9:34 AM
    • 4,705 Posts
    • 12,817 Thanks
    barbiedoll
    Independence Day 2 was a bit grim....it had none of the excitement or the charm of the original.

Be Kind Rewind: WTF was that all about? Spent two hours in vain waiting for a funny line or scene, to no avail.

Avatar: Kid's movie masquerading as a preachy sermon about the futilty of war or some such nonsense. Pretty though!

Dune: You probably need to be familiar with the book before watching the film, it's completely unintelligible otherwise. They did a good job with some of the aliens though.

Lego Batman: I'm probably too old for this but I found it a bit boring (heresy, I know!!)

The Christian Bale/Chris Nolan Batman trilogy.....Too long, too dark, too "blokey" (I appreciate that I'm probably not the target demographic!)

Any Christmas film with the word "Christmas" in the title....almost always terrible.
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jun 17, 8:31 PM
    • 25,787 Posts
    • 13,531 Thanks
    donnajunkie

The Christian Bale/Chris Nolan Batman trilogy.....Too long, too dark, too "blokey" (I appreciate that I'm probably not the target demographic!)
    Originally posted by barbiedoll
    The dark knight is great but yeah that has some pointless scenes that could be removed which would improve it.
    The third one has a poorly construction story. There is a good movie in there somewhere though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,352Posts Today

7,277Users online

Martin's Twitter